superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonBatman!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:28:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman and Tarzan  (Read 2297 times)
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« on: November 10, 2005, 04:26:59 PM »

I had bought the "Elseworld" story "Superman and Tarzan. I noticed a lack of imagination among the comics writer of today, because it is more or less a remake of a story of the 60's, kind of elseworld of the time, on an alternativa eath where kal-El's ship crashed in wild africa and became a super wild guy.

Up, up, up and away!
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 06:45:52 AM »

Sounds fun to me.  Super-imaginative, just like those great 60s stories.

Tarzan and Superman: great concept.  Who drew it?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 01:48:55 PM »

In fact, the story wasn't exactly the same as this of Chuck Dixon and Carlos Meglia; instead of taking place in the late 19th century, it happened today (ie in the 60’s), and Tarzan didn't appear. Young Kal El is adopted by a band of gorillas and becomes a Super wild man. I don’t remember who wrote the script, but I am certain it was drawn by the immortal Kurt Swann. It was before “Elseworlds” series came up, and the presentation used to read: “an imaginary story which may or may not happen”. Int the site, you came read some stories of that sort like “the death of Superman” for instance (http://superman.nu/tales2/death/1/ ), or another which is famous where Lex Luthor is the son of Jorel, he is born on Krypton and sent earthward by his father in a rocket, to avoid him being killed when Krypton explodes (classical).
As a grown up, Lex  becomes “Super Lex”. In this story, Super Lex fight for the good, and Clarck Kent, who’s a simple mortal is an evil scoundrel. It was also drawn by Curt Swann.

BTW, have you read the late “Red Son”? an elseworld story where Kal El’s rocket lands in USSR in 1938, and Superman grows up in Communist ideal. I think it’s also a remake of an imaginary story of the 60’s.

Up, up, up and away!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L