superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The earth 2 Superman in "The Kingdom"  (Read 3626 times)
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« on: November 11, 2005, 04:12:34 PM »

Those who have read "The Kingdom" (that's not actually a sequel to "Kingdom Come", though there are a lot of similar elements) have probably wondered what were about the earth 2 Superman we see at the begining and the end of the story. Is he still in the universe inside Alexander Luthor we see him getting in along with the earth prime superboy and his wife, the earth 2 Lois Lane at the end of Crisis?  Does someone have more info on the subject?

Up, up, up and away!
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 04:27:29 PM »

Well, Alex was more of a portal to that other dimension than containing it himself.

See the recent Infinite Crisis #1 where all these Pre Crisis characters were initially still in that dimension, incl. Alex, but E-2 Superman shatters the dimensional barrier between their world and the mainstream DCU to finally let them all emerge on the current Earth.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 05:44:47 PM »

In his "Who's Who" entry published just after the Crisis, it was said that Alexander Luthor lost his portal-making abilities after joining his friends in the Paradise Dimension, and he cannot reopen a portal back to the DC Universe without destroying all Creation.

But since it was Kal-L would broke his way through, apparently Luthor can generate his portals again.

DTO
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

Unfortunately, I am living in a french Smallville, and it's difficult to catch up with the US comics mainstream. So, I still don't know what "Infinite Crisis" is all about. They are just finishing to publish "Identity Crisis". As soon as I take a trip to Paris, I'll get to the next comics shop to catch up with my delay.
However, if someone can fill me in on Infinite Crisis, he (or she) will be welcome...

Up, up, up and away!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 02:38:03 PM »

just read the following threads:

http://superman.nu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1908

http://superman.nu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1998

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L