superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Lois Lane Question....  (Read 6074 times)
wolfiewolf666
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: November 11, 2005, 09:36:41 PM »

Ok, no offense, but this is the only reason I joined this forum....

Up in Delhi, NY, I go to college, we got a take home test consisting of 3 questions in Physics for this weekend, One question being- "What is Lois Lane's shoe size?" Its worth 1 third of the grade and its a serious test.... can someone answer this question? >.> Thanks...

remember- "What is Lois Lane's shoe size?"

Also posted in superfriends, but i didnt know where to post... forgive me and someone please answer..... thanks
Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 10:36:44 PM »

If it's Physics class, and a serious test, then they probably aren't asking it as a trivia question. More likely there is extra information that they gave you along with the question.

For example, if you ask "How long is Superman's cape?" then all we can do is estimate from his pictures. But if you say "The Atom, traveling at a speed of 5 meters per second, takes 0.2 seconds to get from one end of Superman's cape to the other. How long is Superman's cape?" then it becomes a meaningful physics question.

I might add that trying to get other people to do your test for you is unethical, and not something Superman would do.
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 05:07:12 AM »

But it IS something Ultra-Man, the evil Superman from Earth-3, would do!  Wink

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 04:51:37 PM »

Was this ever actually mentioned somewhere in Superman lore?

For some odd reason, I keep thinking "8 and a half".
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 05:14:15 PM »

Quote from: "Gernot"
But it IS something Ultra-Man, the evil Superman from Earth-3, would do!  Wink

or Superman of Earth-A  :wink:

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 11:36:16 AM »

You know, I tried Googling this (as one does), and was somewhat disconcerted to find out that there is a shop called Lois Lane Shoes somewhere. "Open 7 days except Good Friday", it boasts.

Weirdly, a couple of weeks ago, I was listening to Gardener's Question Time on Radio 4, a programme in which the audience gets to ask gardening advice from an expert panel, and one of the questioners identified herself as Lois Lane. I was so taken aback that I didn't register what she was asking about, but I can't help feeling that she should have some really far-out vegetation in her garden.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 04:14:22 PM »

Wolfiewolf, theres IS one way you can find out Lois Lane's shoe size.  

Flip open your phone book, and look up Lois Lane.  If you live in a large enough city, you should be able to find at least one (along with Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, and Dick Grayson).  Simply call the lady and ASK her!  Your professor didn't qualify your homework assignment, did he?  

You SHOULD be able to get away with this.  Wink

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 08:07:33 AM »

Actually, I just had a thought: could this have anything to do with the atomic number of krypton on the periodic table? It's 36, which is also a European shoe size; for women, that's about a size 6 in the United States. Complete longshot, of course.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L