superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Al Schroeder III?!?!  (Read 7036 times)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 03:33:59 PM »

Quote from: "alschroeder"
Now we've celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary....had three kids...(one of which is in college).  I highly recommend meeting your future spouse in comic book letter columns.
   Too bad they don't HAVE those any more.---Al

I can't really see myself having much of a relationship with any of the 12-year-olds who seem to populate what passes for letter clumns nowadays: "OMFG [insert character name here] is totally cool/ghey. You are a great artist/complete retard and kick ass/suck."

Nice to hear you are doing so well, and still married! You two are legend!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
alschroeder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 10:35:09 PM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
I can't really see myself having much of a relationship with any of the 12-year-olds who seem to populate what passes for letter clumns nowadays: "OMFG [insert character name here] is totally cool/ghey. You are a great artist/complete retard and kick %$&/suck."

Nice to hear you are doing so well, and still married! You two are legend!

Now we see how much the editors did back in the day...
..And if Barb and I are legend, we're a pretty obscure one, but thanks, anyway!---Al

Al Schroeder III, former letterhack (met his wife through Julie Schwartz' lettercolumns) of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com---think the superhero genre is mined out? Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 11:00:32 PM »

You are a legend amongst letterhacks, Al.

Remember I considered you one when I greeted you on this site?

It is a shame you're not working for DC yourself as so many noted letterhacks managed over the years.

Maybe the rampant mediocrity and darkness at DC has been turning guys like you away these days instead of actively recruiting them.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L