superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PHYLLIS COATES  (Read 10848 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« on: November 13, 2005, 01:55:27 PM »

Best Lois EVER and hey check out this WW2 pinup!

Take that Terri Hatcher! S! :shock:
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 05:52:40 PM »

Ridiculous outfit, but yes she's a total babe!

Last week I was watching an episode and told my wife, "Is she hot or what?"  My wife was incredulous..."in a jacket and a skirt nearly down to her ankles?"

Sorry, yes!  :lol: There's a moment in the "Broken Statues" episode where Lois' arms are full of statues and she has to find a way to sit down on a couch despite that long skirt with no slit up the side (makes it hard to sit down normally).  She does this move where she sits on her left hip, with her left foot behind her and her right leg stretched out for balance.  I can't describe it correctly...I don't even understand how it worked...but for whatever reason it struck me as incredibly sexy.  I know, I need help.  :oops:

It just seems to me that for all the flesh and overt sexuality we see on screen nowadays, women were just sexier in the days of dresses and more formal clothing.

Much as I love Noel Neill, she was always more of a big sister type.  I'm dreading the end of my Season 1 set and the departure of Phyllis.

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 07:37:09 PM »

If you need to see more Phyllis Coates, don't forget that she also played Lois Lane's mother in Lois and Clark.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 10:53:48 PM »

Yes Rao but Phyllis not in smoking mode there. In mom mode. :roll:

Well s'pose there's always that Republic serial for Phyllis in her PANTHER GIRL OF THE CONGO mode with co-star Clayton (The Lone Ranger) Moore.

And yeah 'wing is anyone hotter than say Ingrid Bergman in CASBLANCA with nary a bare midriff?
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 10:47:38 AM »

There's also a very nice photo of a pre-Adventures of Superman Phyllis Coates in a Christmas elf-type outfit, with her short pants showing off her great legs to advantage, in Gary Grossman's Superman: Serial to Cereal.

It's a pity she didn't appear on the short feature on the season one DVD, like Jack Larson.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 06:14:23 PM »

Poor old Clayton Moore...what an unfortunate place to grow a second head!  :shock:

This looks like a job for...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 07:21:32 PM »

Definitely a case where two heads are better than one! :shock:
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 08:03:55 PM »

Is she still alive? Either way she would get a kick out of this thread Wink

http://filesofjerryblake.netfirms.com/html/phyllis_coates.html

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L