superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:51:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC Direct news - Silver Age Superman set and more  (Read 8082 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: November 14, 2005, 06:00:43 PM »

an upcoming Silver Age Superman set will include Superman (with robot machineworks behind the s-shield), Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Lex, and Beppo the Super-Monkey.

There will be a recall on the Crisis on Infinite Earths action figures from DC Direct, due to line-wide problems with paints, assembly, and looks. Consumers will be able to return figures they bought as well. The production problems with the CoIE line was pointed to as the cause of the shipping date changes for other DC Direct lines.

Upcoming Infinite Crisis figures will include Power Girl, Alex Luthor, OMAC, and Superboy Prime with his new costume design.

There will also be a line of figures based on Darwyn Cooke’s versions of the characters from DC: New Frontier.

The next Elseworlds series will include a Spectre/Norm McCay two figure set at a single-figure price, in a box designed to match the look of the original Kingdom Come boxes. The subline will also include more Red Son figures and Gotham by Gaslight figures.

The coming JSA line will include four modern JSA member figures, and one classic--the Atom--which will feature two complete figures in one box, one with the hood costume and one with the cowl revealing the lower face.

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=245f4d8df260ca2c815e4bead07cfa00&threadid=49326

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 07:34:59 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Upcoming Infinite Crisis figures will include Power Girl, Alex Luthor, OMAC, and Superboy Prime with his new costume design.

This is the first I've heard about a "new costume design" for Superboy-Prime.  Has this been revealed yet?

It seems to me that if DC is going to the effort of giving him a new costume, there's a good chance that he'll be sticking around for a while.

Pretty neat.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 07:59:23 PM »

I've seen speculation (maybe even on this board), that Superboy of Earth-Prime will replace the "Kon-El" (or whatever) version of current continuity.

This looks like a job for...
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 08:41:29 PM »

The sad news is, they've tapped Michael Turner do design the new costume.  With predictable results:

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 09:53:06 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
I've seen speculation (maybe even on this board), that Superboy of Earth-Prime will replace the "Kon-El" (or whatever) version of current continuity.

That would be fantastic.  I had thoughts along those lines and I'm glad that I wasn't the only one.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 11:19:31 PM »

One can only hope but please note that DC has made figures of one shots before.

There are lots of rumors of poeple dying from Superboy, to Superman, to Wonder Woman, to the Flash.

and don't forget Hawkman

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 12:19:02 AM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
The sad news is, they've tapped Michael Turner do design the new costume.  With predictable results:

LMAO!!!! That is so SICK and yet soooooooooo true!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 08:24:48 PM »

Here's the nutty part.  Trying to make a point, I manipulated this image in Photoshop for 15 minutes, stretching the torso (he's got an "8-pack" at least) and trying to turn the hips and legs at an impossible angle to mimic Turner's poor grasp of anatomy.

But you know what?  After all my meddling, Schaffenberger's drawing STILL looks pretty naturalistic.  Those guys back then drew stuff so good you can't even mess it up when you try!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L