superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:37:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse as i imagine it.  (Read 29321 times)
llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« on: November 16, 2005, 02:37:49 AM »

This is of course fan speculation  on my part.  As i imagine it the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse was last seen in our DC titles circa late 70s or early 80s.  Neither Crisis nor the events leading up to it take place here.  Also i believe DC would have continued buying up defunct comics lines.  Here are many of the earths as i imagine them:

1.)  Earth-A; Lawless League.  Supposedely a divergent timeline of Earth-1.  Could turn out to actually be a parallel earth.

2.)  Earth-B;  Certain stories that don't fit either Earth-1 or Earth-2 take place here.  I imagine that here Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman started his career as an 8 year old Superboy circa 1924.

3.)  Earth-C;  Captain Carrott,  the Zoo Crew, & other funny animal characters.

4.)  Earth-C-Minus;  Justa Lotta Animals, & other funny animal versions of Earth-1 inhabitants.

5.)  Earth-D;  Dell/Gold Key (& the other Dell Comics) characters.

6.)  Earth-E;  Enwil/Rural Home characters.

7.)  Earth-F;  Characters from Fox Comics, Charlton Comics Group, & possibly Holyoke.

8.)  Earth-G;  Travis Morgan/Warlord.

9.)  Earth-H;  Harvey & Hillman characters.

10.)  Earth-K (Kimota);  Marvelman.

11.)  Earth-M;  robotic Captain Marvel & other M-F Enterprises characters.

12.)  Earth-MLJ;  Archie superhero characters.

13.)  Earth-N;  Nedor/Better Publications/Standard Comics characters.

14.)  Earth-P;  Prize Publications characters.

15.)  Earth-Q;  Quality Comics Group characters.

16.)  Earth-S;  Captain Marvel & other Fawcett Characters.

17.)  Earth-T;  Willie Fawcett/Captain thunder.

18.)  Earth-W;  Warren Publications characters.

19.)  Earth-X;  Freedom Fighters.  Similar to Earth-Q other than Axis winning WW II.

20.)  Earth-Z;  Ziff-Davis characters.

21.)  Earth-Prime;  Real world variant.  Ultraa originated on Earth-Prime & moved to Earth-1.

22.)  Earth-1;  Silver-age DC.  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman started his career as 8 year old Superboy circa 1936 or 1940.

22.)  Earth-2;  Golden-age DC.  Kal-L/Clark Kent/Superman started as Superman circa 1935.  No Superboy career.  Red haired Alexie Luthor.  Daily Star & George Taylor.

23.)  Earth-3;  Crime Syndicate of America; Ultraman.

24.)  Earth-4;  Superman (& Batman) comic strips from 1940s.

25.)  Earth-5;  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman started his career as Superman.  No Superboy career.  Bald Luthor.  Daily Planet, & Perry White.  For the most part the Supermen of Earths 2 & 5 had nearly identical adventures.  Up till around 1952 or so.  

26.)  Earth-6;  The Superman radio show.

27.)  Earth-7;  The Superman (& Batman) movie serials.

28.)  Earth-8;  The George Brewer/Bessolo/Reeves tv series & possibly the Adam West Batman tv series.

29.)  Earth-9;  Bruce Wayne/Superman with Robin sidekick.  Main weakness is "Thulium" instead of kryptonite.  Earth-9 has no Florida.

30.)  Earth-10;  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman raised by Kents to be criminal.  Lex Luthor a superhero.

31.)  Earth-11;  Earth-1 Superman "changed history" here.  

32.)  Earth-12;  Inferior 5,  Freedom Brigade, Prez,  & other humor characters.

33.)  Earth-13;  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman killed by alien energy "vampire".  Twice copied by scientists.  Both copies died.  Efforts were halted because it was harder to do each time.

34.)  Earth-14;  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman who started his career as 8 year old Superboy circa 1948 or 52.

35.)  Earth-15;  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman who started his career as 8 year old Superboy circa 1960.

36.)  Earth-16;  Kal-El/Bruce Wayne/Superman,  Barbara Gordon/Batwoman.

37.)  Earth-17;  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman who started his career as 8 year old Superboy circa 1968 or 72.

38.)  Earth-18;  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman who started his career as 8 year old Superboy circa 1980.

39.)  Earth-19;  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman who started his career as 8 year old Superboy circa 1988 or 92.

40.)  Earth-20;  Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superboy who started his career as 8 year old circa 2000.

41.)  Earth-21;  Kal-El/Clark Kent  about 5 years old. or so.

And since a multiverse is at least nigh-infinite many, many, many more.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:06:43 AM »

my head is now exploding in multiple universes at the exact same time.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 03:58:07 AM »

from http://www.io.com/~woodward/chroma/crisis.html

Earth-1
The Silver Age. Justice League, Superman II, Flash II (Barry Allen). Largely identical in history to the real world. Almost all post-Golden Age comics through the Crisis took place here, beginning between 1945 (first appearance of Superboy) and 1955 (first appearance of the Martian Manhunter). First defined in Flash v1#123 (1961), first named in JLA v1#21 (1963).

Earth-2
The Golden Age. Justice Society, Superman I, Flash I (Jay Garrick). Largely identical in history to the real world up through the mid-70s, at which point minor differences creep in (such as South Africa becoming free decades early). Only a few post-Golden Age comics were ever set there, notably Infinity Inc., the second run of All-Star Comics, and All-Star Squadron. "Defined" and "named" info same as for E1.

Earth-4
Charlton Comics. Captain Atom, Blue Beetle. First DC appearance and named in Crisis #1.

Earth-S
Fawcett Comics. Captain Marvel (Billy Batson). First appearance in Whiz Comics #2 (1940), first DC appearance in Shazam! #1 (1973), first named in JLA v1#135 (1976).

Earth-X
Quality Comics. Freedom Fighters, Uncle Sam, the Ray. Noteworthy in that World War II continues into the 1970s. First DC appearance and named in JLA v1#107 (1973).

Earth-3
"Reversed" Earth. Crime Syndicate, Ultraman, Johnny Quick II. First suggested in JLA v1#22, first appeared in JLA v1#29, destroyed in Crisis #1.

Earth-5
Proposed name for the world seen only on pages 2 and 3 of Crisis #1. No apparent superheroes. (Note: The real reason there is no explicitly-named Earth-5 is that "5" and "S" look too much alike, particularly when hand-lettered, so that number was skipped.)

Earth-6
"A cosmic anomaly." Lady Quark, Lord Volt, Princess Fern. Only appearance in Crisis #4.

Earth-K
The name given to the future timeline of Earth-1 which Kamandi inhabited, to distinguish it from the "real" timeline which led to the Legion of Super-Heroes. First appearance in Kamandi #1, last appearance in Crisis #4. (Technically an alternate timeline, not an alternate universe.)

Qward
The antimatter universe which contains the planet Qward is usually called "Qward" itself. It is the home of the Anti-Monitor. First appearance in Green Lantern #2 (1960).

Earth-Prime
In theory, the "real world". In actuality, merely a variant Earth with very few superbeings, in which most DC Comics characters are just comic book characters. Devastated by nuclear war in the late 80s. First appearance in Flash v1#179 (1968), named in JLA v1#123 (1975). Destroyed circa Crisis #10. (Does not technically appear in Crisis, but is referred to.)

Earth-Omega
Proposed name for Pariah's home universe, the first one destroyed by the anti-matter wave. Only appearance in flashback in Crisis #7.

Earth-Sigma
Proposed name for the post-Crisis, pre-Zero Hour universe. "Sigma" for "the sum of what came before". Merger of Earths 1, 2, 4, S, and X, with characters from at least 2 others present. First appeared in Crisis #11, destroyed in Zero Hour #1.

Earth-D
The Earth that appears in - and is destroyed in - Legends of the DC Universe: Crisis on Infinite Earths (1998). It features an ethnically diverse range of heroes, and is rumored to be what Wolfman thought the DC Universe should have been like after the Crisis.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 04:03:29 AM »

if you really want to get crazy, check out this link: http://blaklion.best.vwh.net/time_links.html

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 05:09:35 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
from http://www.io.com/~woodward/chroma/crisis.html

Earth-Prime
In theory, the "real world". In actuality, merely a variant Earth with very few superbeings, in which most DC Comics characters are just comic book characters. Devastated by nuclear war in the late 80s. First appearance in Flash v1#179 (1968), named in JLA v1#123 (1975). Destroyed circa Crisis #10. (Does not technically appear in Crisis, but is referred to.)

wasn't booster gold from a future that had a nuclear disaster in the 80's?
booster gold's from earth prime.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 05:35:21 AM »

Actually the entry for Earth-Prime is incorrect.  How could Earth-Prime be devastated by a nuclear war in the late 80s, when it had already been wiped out by the Crisis in 1985?

Earth-Prime WAS destroyed by an atomic war in 1962, but thanks to the JLA, JSA and All-Star Squadron this war was not only averted, it NEVER HAPPENED.  See "Crisis on Earth-Prime!" (Justice League of America #207-209 and All-Star Squadron #15-16).  

Here's a review:

http://www.rzero.com/books/Crisis-EarthPrime.html

Now it's possible that Booster Gold came from the same Earth that had The Great Atomic War of 1986, home of The Atomic Knights and Kamandi (a later retcon).

DTO
llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 12:11:56 AM »

Here are some more earths i imagine being in the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse:

42.)  Earth-22;  The Superman/Aquaman/Batman cartoons from the 1960s.

43.)  Earth23;  The Superman cartoon from the 1970s, & the Batman cartoon from the 1970s & 80s.

44.)  Earth-24;  The "World's Greatest Superheroes" comic strip.

45.)  Earth-25;  SuperFriends.

46.)  Earth-26;  The Christopher Reeve Superman movies.

Booster Gold is a post-crisis character.  

Super Monkey, i am aware of the earth-list you posted.  And i'm also aware of the web-sites you reference.  Those sites are also engaging in fan speculation.  Nothing wrong with that btw.  My posts here are fan speculation about the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse.  To my mind Crisis & most of the events leading up to it take place in a separate multiverse.  That multiverse i call the Crisis Multiverse.  In my list i count Earth-F as the "Pre-Crisis" version of the Earth-4 of the Crisis Multiverse.  I ignored Earths 6 & D (from the Crisis Multiverse) because they were created for Crisis.  Btw you did read my entire posting before you responded?  Just curious.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 02:06:11 AM »

Btw you did read my entire posting before you responded? Just curious.

I read every post, I wasn't trying to correct you, just adding other lists to the thread.

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L