superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonTomorrow's Lesson!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse as i imagine it.  (Read 29316 times)
llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 12:51:04 AM »

Even more "pre-crisis" earths:

47.)  Earth-Ace;  Ace Periodicals characters.

48.)  Earth-ACG;  American Comics Group characters.

49.)  Earth-AF;  Ajax-Farrell characters.

50.)  Earth-Atlas;  Atlas/Seaboard characters.

51.)  Earth-Avon; Avon Periodicals characters.

52.)  Earth-Centaur;  Centaur characters.

53.)  Earth-Columbia;  Columbia Comics Group characters.

54.)  Earth-ECP;  Eastern Color Printing characters.

55.)  Earth-EC;  EC Comics characters.

56.)  Earth-FH;  Fiction House characters.

57.)  Earth-HAC;  Harry A Cheslar characters.

58.)  Earth-King;  King Features Syndicate characters.

59.)  Earth-L;  Lev Gleason characters.

60.)  Earth-ME; Magazine Enterprises characters.

61.)  Earth-S&S;  Street & Smith pulp magazine characters.

62.)  Earth-S≻  Street & Smith Comics characters.

63.)  Earth-Skywald;  Skywald Publications characters.

64.)  Earth-Tower;  Tower Comics characters.

Of course this is only what the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse would be like if i owned DC starting back in the late 70s-early 80s.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 04:11:14 PM »

Comments on previous entries ...

Earth-Prime was devastated by a nuclear war in the 1960s due to cross-dimensional-chronal interference by Per Degaton of Earth-2 and the Crime Syndicate of America of Earth-3.  This nuclear war was erased from history when the combined efforts of the JLA and JSA restored Earth-Prime history to its correct path.

Earth-S has besides the Marvel Family, Ibis, Spy Smasher, Bulletman, & Bulletgirl, and Kid Eternity.  Their powered Marvel Family includes Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr., and the 3 Lieutenants Marvel.

Earth-SC has the Marvel Family variant Hoppy the Marvel Bunny.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 06:42:35 AM »

Captain Kal,  i have read that story.  As i imagine it, the timelines created by Degaton still exist.  The earth ruled by Degaton & the post-nuclear-war earth are simply divergent timelines of Earths 2 & Prime respectively.  According to current scientific theory trying to "change the past" would only result in the creation of divergent timelines.  The Pre-Crsisis DC Multiverse i imagine as a dimensional multiverse.  That is a (at least) nigh-infinite collection of parallel universes.  Universes that are separate from the beginning.  Whereas divergent timelines are part of a temporal multiverse.  A (at least) nigh-infinite collection of divergent timelines/universes that starts out as one universe that splits/branches/diverges over time.  As i imagine it temporal & dimensional multiverses are different facets of a multiverse in its entirety.  Even several billion (or even trillion) universes could be a tiny fraction of the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse.

Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 11:46:09 AM »

What about the Earths that had Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Lone Ranger (!) meeting up with The Brady Kids?  

And did those meetings take place on the Batman & Robin Meet Scooby-Doo Earth???    

And upon WHICH Earth did the 1970's, non-violent, Batman cartoons (with Bat-Mite) take place???  

I LOVE this thread!  Wink

Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 12:06:26 PM »

Quote from: "llozymandias"
Captain Kal,  i have read that story.  As i imagine it, the timelines created by Degaton still exist.  The earth ruled by Degaton & the post-nuclear-war earth are simply divergent timelines of Earths 2 & Prime respectively.  According to current scientific theory trying to "change the past" would only result in the creation of divergent timelines.  The Pre-Crsisis DC Multiverse i imagine as a dimensional multiverse.  That is a (at least) nigh-infinite collection of parallel universes.  Universes that are separate from the beginning.

Actually the Pre-Crisis DCU like Marvel Universe was a mixture of of both parallel universes and alternate timelines. Just as the Phoenix force was unigue to Earth-616 Oa was unique to Earth-1 in the parallel universe, but reality each had it own set of alternate timelines (Earth-616 based timelines were told in What If... while Earth-A, Earth-B, Earth-E were all alternate timelines of Earth-1)

The problem is that like over at Marvel there was no consistant marker if an Earth was an parallel universes or an alternate timeline (other than the existance of Phoenix Force or Oa) and many resembled each other. FOr example Marvel Earth-594 is an varient of DC's old Earth-X and yet during DC Challange Earth-B had a short lived timebranch that resembled Earth-X. With parallel universes and alternate timelines being shuffled around like so many card small wonder things were a mess.
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 07:33:21 PM »

Quote from: "Gernot"
What about the Earths that had Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Lone Ranger (!) meeting up with The Brady Kids?  

I guess "Earth-Filmation", since Filmation produced that horrible "Brady Kids" cartoon...

And did those meetings take place on the Batman & Robin Meet Scooby-Doo Earth???    

Since Scooby's made by Hanna-barbera, no.

I'll assume it's "Earth-Scooby", since Scooby's world doesn't seem to have any superheroes besides Batman, Robin, Blue Falcon, and Dynomutt (or rather, no superpowered superheroes...which I guess befits Scooby Doo's cartoonish-meets-semi-realistic/mystery-focused setting...).

And upon WHICH Earth did the 1970's, non-violent, Batman cartoons (with Bat-Mite) take place???  

I guess Earth-Filmation again (since Filmation made those). :-)

llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 12:22:26 AM »

Gernot;  Earth-23 would be the answer to your first & third questions.  Btw i already included that Batman cartoon as taking place there.  I would put Scooby Doo (& at least some of Hanna-barbera's super-heroes) on Eath-25.  Alongside SuperFriends.  

Maximara;  i also said that dimensional & temporal multiverses are simply different facets of a true multiverse in its entirety.  Iow  Earth-1 (for example) is both a parallel universe & a divergent timeline.  It's a parallel universe in relation to Earths 2, 3, 12, S, X, Prime, etc..  It's a divergent timeline in relation to the earths of;  Kamandi, Tommy Tomorrow, the Legion of Super-Heroes,  Abra-Kadabra, Reverse-Flash, etc..  As for OA existing only in the Earth-1 universe, i tend to discount/ignore that.  The only place that was claimed was in Crisis.  According to current theory to travel between divergent timelines you would need to travel through hilbert space.  A nigh-infinite dimensional space that contains/separates divergent timelines.  Sounds like Hypertime, as described by DC.  With some differences, of course.  The limbo-like dimension that exists between the universes of the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse seems more like the higher-dimensional space talked about by m-theory.

Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 12:26:56 AM »

Heh.  It'd have to be EarthFilmation-1, 'cause there WAS a Superman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, et al. on Earth-Filmation, along with Batman.  B&R looked much like they did on THAT Earth, yet they clearly never met anyone like Scooby or Shaggy (who CLEARLY would've been one of their arch-foes' henchmen on THAT Earth!).   Cheesy  

Superman looked a lot like he did on EarthHannaBarbara, but Wonder Woman was also clearly a different take on the character!  Wink  

And what about the Sesame Street spots?  Superman, Batman, and Robin all helped teach the pre-school set about spelling, crossing the street, and dirty windows.  Smiley    

And DON'T get me started on Spider-Man on Electric Company!  

Geez...  MY head's trying to explode right now, too!  LOL

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L