superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:15:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman! - All-Star Superman #1  (Read 49715 times)
conkom
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2005, 08:12:44 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Con,
"shooting (SUPERMAN RETURNS") down under in (Australia).

:lol:

Can't wait tp see my home town in the role of Metropolis!

Con

Con
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2005, 12:37:44 AM »

I loved it when The Warlord was written and drawn by the same person, Mike Grell.  There's something that sings when an artist and writer are in synch and on the same page in a title. I love it.

Remember : wherever you go , there you are.
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2005, 08:06:57 AM »

I loved how at the end, Clark bumps into the pedestrian to keep him from getting squashed by the giant falling muffler.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2005, 09:43:02 PM »

yeah metal falling on your head can just ruin your day

Remember : wherever you go , there you are.
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2005, 03:16:18 PM »

I have bought it last wednesday.

My favorite runs on the Superman titles (I'm talking about LONG runs... At least 2 years) are the ones by Maggin/Bates, Byrne/Wolfman and Loeb/Kelly. They have something in common: good stories where I can find wghatever I like in the Man of Steel and his legend. I want to see Clark Kent openin' his shirt in the janitor's closet at the Daily Planet, saving the day and writing an article about his newest adventure. And The Planet crew, Smallville, Luthor... You know, the classic elements.

Now, I can see all this again in a new, great title. This ALL STAR SUPERMAN book is really a good title, containing what makes Superman special to me. Only 22 pages, nut we have Superman, the Daily Planet, Luthor, subplots and a shocking finale... GREAT!
It seems a book from the Maggin era.

Waiting for the new relaunch in march, ALL STAR SUPERMAN is my favorite comic book now*.

*Actually, my favorite is ACTION COMICS, but the current run is about to reach its end...

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2005, 04:02:29 PM »

Did Prof. Quintum remind anyone else of Elliot Maggin? I just kinda got the feeling that he was very Maggin-esque.

SPOILER:

Also, it says he got ONE new power. I took this to mean the lightning eye blasts. Others seem to think his new power is the fact that he uses his bioelectric field to protect the ship (even though Byrne's Superman did this all the time, albeit without mention or visual representation normally), so which is it?

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L