superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes coming to Superman titles in 2006 post IC  (Read 18593 times)
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 08:27:37 AM »

Sorry again for the other topic opened yesterday...!

Good news. I'm glad to buy only 2 titles (but 2 good ones), and the return of the original SUPERMAN Vol. I... Well, that's a nice idea.

I have always hoped these 2 things.
Now I want to know who will be the authors! Johns? Waid? Pacheco? I'm sure they will begin a new era of greatness for my favorite hero #2.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 06:11:01 AM »

Wow, this sounds exciting! I'd love to be able to get to the comic book shop and tap dance.

Quote from: "Dan Didio"
DD: Absolutely. One of the things that I felt very strongly about was that our four premiere books, which I always feel set the style and tone for the DCU: Superman, Batman, Action Comics and Detective Comics should have their original numbering. They’re very special series, both given their characters and historically, and they should be treated as such.

This gladdens my heart. Watching a piece of comics history be restored in a small way, like the numbering on SUPERMAN, is a step in the right direction. Appreciation for the past uplifts us all, whether it be in small, trivial ways like restoring the numbering on a classic comic like SUPERMAN, or in larger ways like restoring old buildings. Numbering may be a very little thing, but it's a step in the right direction for the Superman titles. Didio may not know from shinola when it comes to television, but an old fanboy like him is the best sort of person to run a comic book company.

Ditto for the HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE that's going on in 52: hopefully, they'll stick to it the second time around!

Hopefully, they'll view this as an opportunity to restore to the DC Universe some of the amazing stories of the past to leave open for future story potential and sequels to be told in the present: the great classic stuff by John Broome, Nelson Bridwell, and maybe the best of them all, the amazing Gardner Fox!

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 10:41:36 AM »

Your posts are nice to read.

However, the contemporary art will probably remain the same - Superman "changing" looks in every panel...  I will have to see these to believe it...

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 11:31:12 AM »

Gardner Fox - I am humbled by his brillinace!
Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 12:16:46 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
While I'm happy the AOS is returning to its original name of Superman, I'm saddened that we're only going to have 2 main superbooks.

OTOH, maybe All-Star Superman is supposed to be that third -- albeit out of continuity -- book, so it balances out to 3 still.

It's a bit mean-spirited of me, but the Dreaded-One-whose-name-is-mentioned-far-too-often-here got the new 'Superman' book as one of his perks when rebooting the character, so it's kind of fitting that that book bites the dust at last.  Yet another remnant of that terrible retcon is gone.

While many people feel Superman got 'Byrned' (you can start groaning at the bad pun now) his rewrite was a breath of fresh air for a character that had really become uneven through the years.

There was the 'Krypton was wonderful but the Science council were idiots' and yet as the Nightwing and Firebird story showd Superman was not above doing similar boneheaded things. Then there was Superman's power level which had gotten ridiculous. A common joke we have for the Silver Age was:

Superman saves a forgotten civilization in the Andromida galaxy, then  moves a planet out of the way of a comet in Quazar 26 100 million light  years from Earth, and finally saves Lois Lane from Lex Luthor all in 2.2  seconds.  'Slow Day' thinks Superman.

The Sand Superman saga which was supposed to fix this was quickly ignored and Superman was again just one step below being a god. Magic, superscience, and kryptonite were coming out fo the woodwork and many times Superman seemed to have forgotten his superbrain at home. Though the cartoons were far worse than the comics in this reguard.
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 09:35:05 PM »

No matter what happens to Earth-2 (I'm skeptical) this is good news. It's something we've only dreamed of, and now it's happening.

A couple of things do still worry me, though. The first is the direction of Crisis...is Kal-L going to be portrayed as a Watchmen-style old Nazi? And the second involves our earth...what happens when Jeph Loeb leaves?

Jeph is a good friend of Elliot S! Maggin's, and his are the only Superman comics I can stand to read- he writes Supergirl and Superman/Batman. Granted, I haven't read All-Star Superman yet.

...no pun intended.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

AerobicsInstructor
Superman's Pal

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 08:54:53 PM »

Thank you very much by your message and I hope that you continue entering many more contribution.  I want to know as I can be united to the other Forum.  

Also I would like to learn ingles not to have to use the translator of Google that helps me enough.  Somebody can help me with some other translator of languages.  

Thank you very much

Martín Tapia

martin_tapia1@yahoo.com.ar
Teléfono: 9902-1400

Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 09:22:33 PM »

www.freetranslation.com

It is usually a better translator than Google.

Welcome, friend!

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L