superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe SUNSTONEHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention AOL users  (Read 13630 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: November 19, 2005, 09:38:34 PM »

There are a few people on this forum who use their AOL email address for their forum acount.

It turns out that AOL is now blocking all email from the "Superman Through the Ages!" webserver, so none of you are receiving your account activation emails, your topic-reply notifications, your "private message" alerts, or the results of your requests for your password.

They are all bouncing back and including this URL

http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dynt1.html

as part of their error message.  AOL thinks that this server is a source of spam so is blocking emails from it.

I've followed the instructions on that page and filled out the forms to get on AOL's "whitelist," but I haven't heard back from them and I'm not going to spend too much more of my time jumping through their hoops and trying to get a reasonable response from a huge mindless corporation.

In the meantime, if you want to get full use out of this forum, you should enter another email address - a non-AOL one.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:05:15 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 09:42:54 PM »

I would recommend a free website base e-mail, like Yahoo, Hotmail, G-Mail, etc.

Sorry, but that's AOL for ya! Overpriced and inconvenient  :?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 09:52:54 PM »

Don't forget this one.

It's a royal pain, but you get a cool email address.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 12:16:17 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Don't forget this one.

It's a royal pain, but you get a cool email address.

S!

Perhaps the coolest Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 12:21:24 AM »

Everyone on my usual mail list thats uses AOL delays my mail from my msn,. account. Me thinks its a plot to get everyone on the AOHell bandwagon.
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 02:05:34 PM »

Don't forget this one.

Indeed, the coolest. I like to give my fortress-of-solitude.net adress to my friends.

Up, up, up and away!
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 06:14:50 PM »

JulianPerez and King Krypton, this means you.

S!

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 03:44:38 AM »

AOL just keeps giving me a harder and harder time.

I've blocked registrations from any AOL addresses in order to prevent problems.

S!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L