superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:40:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well I'll be.....  (Read 7550 times)
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« on: November 21, 2005, 12:54:46 AM »

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1512284.html

Superman spotted in Serbia

Serbian authorities are investigating reports of a real-life Superman after people claimed to have seen a cloaked figure flying over their houses.

Hundreds of residents in Ljubovija described seeing a cloaked person flying above buildings "as if he had an invisible engine on his back" and changing directions while in mid-air, local daily Blic reported.

One local said: "It was like something out of Superman or Batman. No one has any rational explanation for what we all saw."

Police in the town have refused to comment.

He obviously did better than this guy.

GRAZ, Austria - A man who claimed he was Superman and could fly was hospitalized early Tuesday after leaping from a fourth-floor window, authorities said.

Paramedics rushed the 23-year-old man to a hospital in the city of Graz, about 120 miles south of Vienna, after he jumped from a window and suffered head and back injuries, police said.

They said the man - who apparently had drunk several bottles of red wine before attempting the jump - appeared at the window ledge at around 4 a.m. and shouted: "I am Superman! Nothing can happen to me!"

The jumper, whose name was not released, landed on part of a lower section and roof, sparing him from more serious injuries, authorities said.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 07:27:35 AM »

Well, the Serbian tourist board has to do something to drum up some business...

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 07:54:21 AM »

Superman, or Batman, or...ZIGOMAR?

Actually, there was a brief period, as I understand it, before the outbreak of the second world war, where Sarejevo was one of the comic book capitals of Europe, producing original strips like ZIGOMAR, who was a sort of European version of the Phantom with a Tibetan boy sidekick. Tragically, the Sarejevo comics industry ended as many of the people involved died in the second world war or "disappeared" under the Nazi occupation.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 10:23:36 AM »

Thanks for the tip, Julian. I checked out Serbian comics on the information superdirttrack and was surprised at how healthy an industry it was. No illustrations, unfortunately, but check this out: http://www.rastko.org.yu/strip/zzupan-golden_age.html

Serbians seemed to use rather a broad range of subject matter for their comics: I especially liked "Robin Hud" and "Baron Minzhausen".

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 03:00:03 PM »

More, in Mexico this time.

There's a video : http://www.rense.com/1.imagesG/FlyingEntityMexicoCity.mpg

And a text:http://www.rense.com/general66/flying.htm
but the all thing isn't much convincing. Too bad, I'd like superheroes to exist in real (sigh!...)

Up, up, up and away!
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 12:57:43 AM »

From the text:
The three dark beings seemed joined together...and then they separated. The big entity remained floating in the same spot, waving what seemed to be a huge cloak while above a kind of winged entity seemed to be vibrating itself.

Superman hanging out with Archangel?  Smiley

The question is though, why does this happen so much over Mexico? Is it because they don't have the air traffic the US and Canada have, or they just pay more attention?

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 03:40:36 AM »

Quote from: "RedSunOfKrypton"
The question is though, why does this happen so much over Mexico? Is it because they don't have the air traffic the US and Canada have, or they just pay more attention?

I think that when the Atlanteans established a civilization in South America before the last ice age, it must have been near Mexico.

It's interesting that there was a time when people thought these appearances of flying humanoids were the Virgin Mary and various angels.

Now instead people think that they must be malicious beings.

I guess times change...

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 04:28:57 AM »

I think that when the Atlanteans established a civilization in South America before the last ice age, it must have been near Mexico.
Are you serious or sarcastic here?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L