superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonTomorrow's Lesson!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:03:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WIZARD: IC fallout quiz and creative team changes!  (Read 14873 times)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 06:27:08 PM »

1) Which one of these heroines will give birth in '06?

Like the rest of you, my money's on Catwoman.  But whoever it is, five will get you ten the kid will quickly fade into the background and within two years time be ret-conned out of existence.

2)Which one of these heroes will be stripped of their powers?

Gotta be Wonder Woman.  Everyone's cheesed off at her killing Max Lord, so if she survives the Crisis at all, Diana will be de-powered and probably replaced.  Yes, AGAIN!  This is DC we're talking about.

3)Who wll become Mayor of a crime-riddled city??

It'd be a blast to see Oliver Queen with a political post.  If nothing else, it'd force this eternally strident liberal to put his money where his mouth is and create some real solutions to the world's troubles.

However, I'm betting it'll be Bruce Wayne.  Everyone seems to know that Dick will replace him as Batman, and frankly giving Bruce the Mayor's job is a lot better way to make that happen than the other two speculations I've heard: that he'll die or be put in Arkham.  

Anyway, who are Wally or Dick to the average citizen?  Why would anyone vote for them?

4)Who will have Amnesia and become unable to tell friend from for??

Everyone's done this at least once, so it's hard to care.  But for maximum damage, it should be Martian Manhunter.  Not only is he a very dangerous guy to have as a loose cannon, but this scenario would put an end to that "mind link" or whatever that kept the League in synch.

5)Who will take on the mantle as the most powerful hero in the DCU??

Booster Gold is a hilarious choice!  But I'm going out on a limb and say Kyle Rayner. Though not as Green Lantern...he'll adopt a new identity ala Parallax, only on the side of niceness.

I think E-2 Superman will survive the Crisis, but even if he does, and stays in the DCU, making him the most powerful hero would mean putting the current model a step down from him, and it's hard to picture DC doing that.

HOWEVER...if the younger Superman we all know and loathe were to somehow disappear for a while, that might very well make Kal-L the top dog.  Wouldn't it be neat if E-2 Superman actually took over the two super books for a year or so?! Cheesy

6)Which hero will become a criminal in the eyes of the world??

I agree it's probably "Shazam."  Just because that's the absolute stupidest idea I've ever heard, and the last 20 years have taught me I can never overestimate the idiocy of DC editorial.

7)Which one of these heroes is the only one who'll be around after 'Infinite Crisis'?

Probably Guy Gardner, cause he's the worst.  Dick will be around, but not as Nightwing.

I have also seen it postulated that the Dick Grayson who takes over as Batman may be the E-2 Dick Grayson.  (Sure he's dead, but so what?)

9)Who's about to become the U.S Military's secret weapon?

Red Tornado seems the obvious choice.

10)Which villian will destroy an entire country and kill millions in 2006?

I don't know but I can tell you who won't be reading DC comics in 2006.  Thanks for telegraphing your intentions, DC, so I know not to jump on the bandwagon with those folks hopeful brighter days were ahead.

And who the heck is Black Atom?

Checkmate: New title spinning out of OMAC. Takes a look at the darker side of the DCU.

Darker than usual?  What is it, 22 full pages of black ink?

Ion: The spotlight is back on Kyle Rayner, written none other than by the man who created him. Writer: Ron Marz, Art: Greg Tocchini

See? Here's Kyle's new identity.  His power? Purifying the air.

This looks like a job for...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 06:53:06 PM »

I never thought about how the ups and downs of comic book heroes lately remind me of characters in "pro" wrestling... Cool
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 02:25:23 AM »

What in the world is so godawful about DC heroes being likeable? Screw you DiDio!

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 03:13:33 AM »

Quote from: "Kuuga"
What in the world is so godawful about DC heroes being likeable? Screw you DiDio!

LOL, I guess heroes are not suppose to be heroic anymore, sigh.

Speaking of heroes, have you seen this?

http://www.henshinonline.com/images/V3_dvd_01.jpg

you can get it here:
http://www.generationkikaida.com/store

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 03:46:29 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"

LOL, I guess heroes are not suppose to be heroic anymore, sigh.

you can get it here:
http://www.generationkikaida.com/store

Yes I have! These guys have done a really fine job with the subs on both shows. Lots of fun old-school goodness. "Heeenshin, Kamen Raida Bui Surri! Toh!"

Are you a henshin hero fan yourself Super Monkey?

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 03:47:13 AM »

From the POV of someone who has never seen these shows, it looks like they were all exposed to Red Kryptonite and got giant ant heads.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 04:00:47 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"

From the POV of someone who has never seen these shows, it looks like they were all exposed to Red Kryptonite and got giant ant heads.

S!

Classic japanese hero shows have their own brand of funky science that'd make our Silver Age comics proud. For more on Kamen Rider and other henshin heroes:

http://www.igadevil.com/

and

http://www.japanhero.com/

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 04:02:36 AM »

Are you a henshin hero fan yourself Super Monkey?

I have never seen the show, I used to watch Ultraman as a kid, that's about it. Anyway, I saw it and thought of you and posted here Smiley

I am pretty sure they are suppose to look like bugs, I am sure that Kuuga can explain the whole thing to you Smiley

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L