superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:07:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WIZARD: IC fallout quiz and creative team changes!  (Read 14875 times)
llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 03:03:50 PM »

Super Monkey did you ever see Spectreman or Space Giants?

Sounds like Didio wants DC's heroes to be clones of the x-men or the hulk.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 04:09:17 PM »

Quote from: "llozymandias"
Super Monkey did you ever see Spectreman or Space Giants?

Sounds like Didio wants DC's heroes to be clones of the x-men or the hulk.

Nope, never heard of them, but I loved the Super Inframan movie as a kid, but that wasn't Japanese. But any fan of Ultraman and Kamen Rider should check it out, since if those two had a baby, it would be named Super Inframan.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 06:37:19 PM »

Who is going to be the most powerful DCU hero? my money is Dick Grayson, I think he going to become the human host for The Spectre, let's face Dicks been going a dark path for a while at least in his own mind and The Spectre went on that recent killing spree in the magic world, seems like both characters could use some personal redemption. This will also clear the way for Tim the current Robin to step up to becoming the new Nightwing, one step closer to taking over the Batman Role.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 07:13:01 PM »

This will also clear the way for Tim the current Robin to step up to becoming the new Nightwing, one step closer to taking over the Batman Role.

Yep, another 60 years or so and Tim takes over!  :lol:

This looks like a job for...
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 08:03:32 PM »

you think it'll be that quick?

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 08:21:18 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Quote from: "Kuuga"

Are you a henshin hero fan yourself Super Monkey?

I have never seen the show, I used to watch Ultraman as a kid, that's about it. Anyway, I saw it and thought of you and posted here Smiley

From the POV of someone who has never seen these shows, it looks like they were all exposed to Red Kryptonite and got giant ant heads.

I am pretty sure they are suppose to look like bugs, I am sure that Kuuga can explain the whole thing to you Smiley

I appreciate you thinking of me Super Monkey. Thank you. As for explaining what Kamen Rider and some of these other shows are the sites I linked can do a much better job of it than I but I'd be happy to answer any questions I could.  The Japanese approach and history of their own superheroes is quite intresting and I find that in some ways it's actually more alike than unlike our own at the same time it is a extremely unique persepctive. Besides, I don't want to veer the thread to far off topic. Maybe I should start a thread about it in one of the other forums or something.

Anyway, getting back to Infinite Crap. I don't know how much darker it's gonna go. Maybe packets of blood in every issue will be this decades chromium cover. I feel like what they may do is simply apply the Identity Crisis thing to everything else. They'll reveal some dirty secret in the closet of E2S or kill of Superboy Prime in some gorefest, or Lois.

Besides, seems to me from everything we've heard that we will still be stuck with Earth Grimbaby even after aaaaaall of this is over so what's the point really? When we start the story things suck. When it ends things will suck more. Well gee thank you Mr. DiDio.

I'm sure they'll twist everything in the most sinister way possible but as far as I'm concerned E2S is exactly right and I've never wanted a hero to win the day so bad in my life.

But you know, God forbid ameican superhero comis be about characters who are good and true. I wish someone would put up Darwyn Cookes afterword from New Frontier. The man breaks it down so very well.

It's also really confusing because you got Dipity Dan saying the heores are too likable and then you have Mark Waid saying things like "Batmans a dick but we've been told we can change that".

Is there a faction war in DC Comics or do they just like pimping the idea of coming out of the darkness and then squashing it?

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2005, 08:49:15 PM »

Quote from: "King Krypton"
1) Which one of these heroines will give birth in '06?
A)Wonder Woman
B)Power Girl
C) Catwoman
D) Oracle

A Kryptonian Power Girl having a super-powered baby might be a good idea, but I can't think who the father would be.  In fact, do any of these women currently have any sort of intimate relationship with a male?

2)Which one of these heroes will be stripped of their powers?
A)Superman
B)Wonder Woman
C)Supergirl
D) Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

Don't know don't care.

3)Who wll become Mayor of a crime-riddled city??
A)Wally West/Flash
B)Dick Grayson/Nightwing
C)Bruce Wayne/Batman
D)Oliver Queen/Green Arrow

Maybe this one is too obvious to be correct:  Dick Grayson becomes mayor of Bludhaven.

4)Who will have Amnesia and become unable to tell friend from for??
A)Martian Manhunter
B)Aquaman
C)The Atom
D)Elongated Man

Don't know don't care.

5)Who will take on the mantle as the most powerful hero in the DCU??
A)Booster Gold
B)Animal Man
C)Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern
D)Earth-2 Superman

Earth-2 Superman, of course!

6)Which hero will become a criminal in the eyes of the world??
A)Hal Jordan/Green Lantern
B)Superman
C)The Flash
D)Shazam

Don't know don't care.

7)Which one of these heroes is the only one who'll be around after 'Infinite Crisis'?
A)Wally West/Flash
B)Conner Kent/Superboy
C)Guy Gardner/Green Lantern
D)Dick Grayson/Nightwing

Wally West Flash.  Conner will go bye-bye the same as PAD's Linda Danvers has, since he, too, will be replaced.  Hal will stay GL, so Guy will go, and Dick Grayson won't be Nightwing anymore - since he'll be mayor.

9)Who's about to become the U.S Military's secret weapon?
A)Cyborg
B)Wonder Woman
C)Red Tornado
D)John Stewart/Green Lantern

Don't know don't care.

10)Which villian will destroy an entire country and kill millions in 2006?
A)Brainiac
B)Sinestro
C)Black Atom
D)Vandal Savage

Brainiac will attempt to shrink the entire planet Earth and put it in a bottle.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2005, 08:57:27 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"

Are you a henshin hero fan yourself Super Monkey?

I have never seen the show, I used to watch Ultraman as a kid, that's about it. Anyway, I saw it and thought of you and posted here Smiley

From the POV of someone who has never seen these shows, it looks like they were all exposed to Red Kryptonite and got giant ant heads.

I am pretty sure they are suppose to look like bugs, I am sure that Kuuga can explain the whole thing to you Smiley

I appreciate you thinking of me Super Monkey. Thank you. As for explaining what Kamen Rider and some of these other shows are the sites I linked can do a much better job of it than I but I'd be happy to answer any questions I could.  The Japanese approach and history of their own superheroes is quite intresting and I find that in some ways it's actually more alike than unlike our own at the same time it is a extremely unique persepctive. Besides, I don't want to veer the thread to far off topic. Maybe I should start a thread about it in one of the other forums or something.

Go right ahead in the Superfriends forum here.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L