superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:57:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes 2006  (Read 6228 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: November 26, 2005, 04:31:43 PM »

What to get a hint as to what the post IC DC will be like?

Check out this list of new titles, and yes Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes is one of them.

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=b050c87ccf37bfa51b172bf5cb977bed&threadid=50426

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »

Julian gets his wish with Mr. Busiek on Superman and someone gets to do a new crappy version of Supergirl and the Legion.  I'd like to be proved wrong on this.  I ask, why bother doing something like this at all?  Because no one will create new characters for Warner Brothers?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 05:26:12 AM »

Telle, sadly so they can market variant action figures, natch
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 05:36:06 AM »

Quote from: "TELLE"
Because no one will create new characters for Warner Brothers?

Most creators nowadays want to own the copyright to the characters they have created and not have them mistreated under the DC or Marvel title.

Sad, but true.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 05:41:30 AM »

Which is why name freelancers are starving to death so they soley can own work that nobody publishes.
 And yet a recent WeeklyWorldNews featured art by JoeKubert, SkipWilliamson andFrankBrunner on the same two pages!

How's THAT for a World's Finest team?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 04:20:50 PM »

I'm excited that Supergirl will be joining the Legion!  This is the kind of stuff we've been asking to have happen for a long time.

Legion is already a great title, I think adding Kara to the mix will be a lot of fun.  This could even mean the (re)introduction of some sort of time travel.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 07:08:55 PM »

Me love time travel.
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 01:28:24 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
I'm excited that Supergirl will be joining the Legion!  This is the kind of stuff we've been asking to have happen for a long time.

Legion is already a great title, I think adding Kara to the mix will be a lot of fun.  This could even mean the (re)introduction of some sort of time travel.

Agreed. This is a smart move by DC from both a creative and business standpoint. With Kara in the mix you get more good stories and since she's such a big draw you get more people buying the comic as well.

Personally, I'm hoping that we see the Earth-Prime Superboy show up in the title as well.  Smiley

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L