superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:02:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Definitive History of Krypton  (Read 7903 times)
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 07:36:08 PM »

Quote from: "ProfPotter"
At this link there is a very good "comic-time" continuity of Earth 1 Krypton (as opposed to a "published-time" continuity).  Scroll down to the line that starts "The creation of Krypton’s red sun, and then Krypton"...

This wouldn't include the Earth 2 Krypton stuff, though.

were the krypton-s of earth-2 ever given the krypton-2 designation?
alschroeder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 11:04:24 PM »

Quote from: "sikkbones"

were the krypton-s of earth-2 ever given the krypton-2 designation?

Yes, in the first Power Girl Showcase issue.---Al

Al Schroeder III, former letterhack (met his wife through Julie Schwartz' lettercolumns) of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com---think the superhero genre is mined out? Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
Jor-El
Supermen of America

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 01:04:22 PM »

I must say i find the S:TAS version of Krypton the most fascinating depiction of Krypton besides the cold crystalline version of STM. It had love compassion and scientific progress yet what was with those weird council clothes on the Krypton Council with those triangular shoulders, i never got over those.
So cbesides Rao are there any gods in the Kryptonian pantheon, such as Cythonna the Ice Goddess (Post Crisis)

My world was destroyed and there were no other survivors who am i ?!?
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 03:46:13 PM »

Quote from: "Jor-El"
I must say i find the S:TAS version of Krypton the most fascinating depiction of Krypton besides the cold crystalline version of STM. It had love compassion and scientific progress yet what was with those weird council clothes on the Krypton Council with those triangular shoulders, i never got over those.
So cbesides Rao are there any gods in the Kryptonian pantheon, such as Cythonna the Ice Goddess (Post Crisis)

wasn't Circe at one point kryptonian?
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 04:14:23 PM »

I've heard that, wonder what the story was like...
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 03:23:55 AM »

Quote from: "Jor-El"

Funny you should ask:

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Krypton#Religion

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 07:23:52 PM »

The article above about Krypton Religion mentions a Lorra, Goddess of Beauty.

Point of order, however: wasn't Kara the name of the Kryptonian goddess of beauty?

I seem to recall that Supergirl was named after said goddess because she was so beautiful, or something.

Perhaps Lorra and Kara are the same deity; after all, some deities are worshipped by different names on our earth. The Boulevard of Heroes is found on Kandor, which may be a differing regional name for the goddess, as opposed to what she was known by on Argo City.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 08:33:25 AM »

I know that Kara was a tragic valkyrie in Norse mythology but I'm not familiar with this origin of her name in the Superman mythos.  I'd love to know where I can get my hands on that story.  It is an awesome idea and sounds vaguely familiar now that you have mentioned it.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L