superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K-Metal Preview: "Hidden Gold"  (Read 21444 times)
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 04:32:53 AM »

Oh, hey Bob.  By the way - I just saw the work you did coloring page 5.  I think it's excellent!!!!  Good job and great work!!!

(I know - I could have sent you the private e-mail, but nothing like creating mystery in what's coming.)

Angel

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 07:02:29 AM »

Angel and Bob, thanks for commenting.  I admire artists who can stand up to their critics (it's funny that the scene involves a "know-it-all" art critic).  Trying to find something positive in your response, and avoiding the obvious wise-cracks, it struck me that something like photoshop and the ability to blow up images would have aided Shuster enormously as his vision declined.

Quote from: "Great Rao"
if you look at something like, say, Tintin (probably my all-time favorite comic book series), you'll notice that the characters are surprisingly simplistic and cartoony, but the backgrounds are incredibly realistic and detailed.  This has the effect of helping the reader to indentify with the characters and also places them in the environment, smack-dab in the middle of all the action.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 07:14:59 AM »

My pleasure!  I actually do appreciate honest opinions - despite my 1st urge to reach out and strangle someone.  :lol:

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 07:21:46 AM »

Quote from: "Criadoman"
My pleasure!  I actually do appreciate honest opinions - despite my 1st urge to reach out and strangle someone.  :lol:

gulp! :shock:

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 06:48:36 AM »

No need to reach for THIS Superman fan's neck!  Cheesy:  

I can't WAIT to start reading the completed story, gentlemen!  Cheesy

Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 12:48:28 PM »

Thanks very much.  As I'm sure Telle figured out - I am very much kidding and your necks are very safe despite your thoughts that may not agree with mine.  :lol:

So for the record, your views are appreciated regardless of critique or otherwise.

Once again, thanks for your interest and support of the work we're doing here.

Angel

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 03:54:35 PM »

I am pretty excited to finally read this story. I do hope that the line art tries to ghost Joe's art as close as possible.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 04:40:52 PM »

That's one of the criteria for us on this project.  If you look at the sample at the beginning of this thread, you will note how much of an outstanding job Bob actually did.  So you know, we just didn't color the original Shuster page.  I redrew it, Bob re-inked it and then colored it.  So - that pic should answer your questions about our maintaining the art as close to the original as possible.

Angel

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L