superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:44:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K-Metal Preview: "Hidden Gold"  (Read 21455 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

great!

I do hope however, that The Great Rao also puts up the original pages and script in addition to the new restored version.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 07:43:57 PM »

That's something that is up to Rao and his infinite wisdom.

Angel

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 12:39:01 AM »

At Rao's suggestion, I wanted to let you know that I have finally got my site up and running.  Much of it is still under development - however, much of my pre-inked KMetal art will be posted there as we release it as well as some other art associated with the project.

www.criadoman.com

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 12:04:42 PM »

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that I've been away just a little while enough to miss the presentation of this new one.  Great work again, great work from J.Siegel & J.Shuster, great work & great iniative from the people who are handling this project, great scoop from this website.  You know, you guys have the website that I'm doing...  I'm always posting new stuff, trying to make Superman (character) alive by showing novelties, et al...

Once more - great teamwork from this website - exceptional!

Brainiac (Friend)

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 06:22:39 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

Here's the final result for page 5, panel 6.  The original 1940 version is on the left; the all-new, redrawn, reinked, colored, and lettered-from-scratch version is on the right.

This should allay any concerns.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 07:03:50 AM »

beautiful art work .I love the colors

Remember : wherever you go , there you are.
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 07:22:53 PM »

In all honesty, the real credit of this page belongs to Bob.  He was rather unwavering in his committment to authenticity that he took some additional pains to ensure the final product came out so well compared to the original.

More soon to come...

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »

Here's the final result for page 5, panel 6.  The original 1940 version is on the left; the all-new, redrawn, reinked, colored, and lettered-from-scratch version is on the right.

I hate to criticize such an obviously worthwhile project that all involved seem (deservedly) passionate about, but the newly-drawn,  color-ized version of that panel eliminates all of the charm and storytelling power of the original.

The most colorful aspect of the panel is now the painting.  Its microscopic detail is glaringly at odds with the simplicity of the forground figures.  The people who are having the discussion and carrying the story forward are eclipsed by this giant painting, which is described adequately enough in the original word balloon (charming and effective in its own right).

Again, this is a great project, presenting a free, readable, complete version of this "lost" story from the Golden Age of Superman, but I won't be raving about the "improved" Shuster studio art based on this sample.

Call me Mr. Crusty Curmudgeon

Alright Telle, what do you think of the panel now?  The old all-new isn't new anymore, this is the new all-new:

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L