superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Good Showcase News?  (Read 3056 times)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« on: November 30, 2005, 02:18:29 PM »

Well it looks like the amazing (to some anyway) success of the Showcase Presents: Superman volume might be moving DC to follow up with more Silver Age goodness.  The Barnes and Noble website lists a "Showase Presents: The Superman Family" volume for March 2006:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=1401207871&itm=1

Since the author credit is "Otto Binder," hope is running high on the DC Archives Message Board that this might be a collection of vintage Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane material (as opposed to actual "Superman Family" tales from the mid-70s).

With Showcase, the MOT Archives, the Daily Planet TPB and figures and now this, it's a good time to be a fan of classic Supes!  Cheesy

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »

crosses fingers...

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Osgood Peabody
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 04:15:45 PM »

Hey guys, I was able to confirm the contents with Bob Greenberger, and this will indeed collect Jimmy Olsen #1-22, and Showcase #9 (the first Lois solo).  Future volumes will collect all Jimmy, Lois and Supergirl tales in chronological order!

Since he had a 3-year head start, naturally the first volume is mostly Jimmy.

Great news, huh?
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:38:40 PM »

This is fantastic news!  

Should have credited you with finding this gold nugget of news in the first place, over on the other boards.  Thanks for using your connections to follow up.

Even if another Superman Showcase isn't in the immediate offing, I still get some Curt Swan in '06! Yay!

Though I guess there are some Jimmy and Lois Archives boosters out there who aren't as tickled as I am...

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 05:05:38 PM »

You know, I might actual be more excited about this Showcase than even the Superman one!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L