superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe ADVENTURES of SUPERBOY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Previewing JSA #82 Earth-2 Superman Issue  (Read 7174 times)
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 07:33:37 PM »

i think ma hunkle remebers the crisis as do most of the people from earth-2 now... that way we can ship todays current JSA of to the old age home... i mean earth 2.
forgottenhero
Supermen of America

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 07:43:16 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"

But old Ma Hunkel indicates she remembers a Lois Lane from her own generation, and this journal is an artifact of that time.  

No, she just recognizes the name "Lois Lane," as do many people in the current DCU. If she really remembered the Lois Lane of Earth-2, she wouldn't be shocked that Power Girl and Lane were "close."
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 03:43:42 AM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
Who gets 10 percent of Robin and Beast Boy merch? Who created Beast Boy?

That would be Arnold Drake, who introduced him as "Beast Boy" back in Doom Patrol #99.

...though I'd be astonished if he ever got any royalties off it!  As for Robin, Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson duked it out in interviews for decades over who created him.  As they used to say on the Tootsie Pop commercials, "the world may never know!"

My money's on Robinson after reading Jones' book.  It's a crying shame that Drake cannot benefit from the same arrangement that Wolfman and Perez enjoy, especially since the time that their New Teen Titans was promulgated was basically still the dark ages as far as creator's rights go.  Drake is still with us (and quite feisty by all accounts) and it stinks that he has no legal claim to such a popular character.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 02:22:37 AM »

It's a crying shame that Drake cannot benefit from the same arrangement that Wolfman and Perez enjoy, especially since the time that their New Teen Titans was promulgated was basically still the dark ages as far as creator's rights go. Drake is still with us (and quite feisty by all accounts) and it stinks that he has no legal claim to such a popular character.

In fact, if I remember correctly, Drake was a ringleader of a strike by DC writers in the late 60s to get some of the things today's writers get as a matter of course.

He and the others were summarily sacked for their troubles.

This looks like a job for...
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 12:32:36 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Maybe DC will have various 900 numbers that you have to call to vote for which universes and continuities you want to survive. :roll:

S!

Bring it on!

I think we have the votes, and the willpower.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L