superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:44:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is "Batman Through the Ages" no more?  (Read 18490 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« on: December 05, 2005, 04:03:19 AM »

My browser hasn't been able to find its address lately...sad to see it go, but I understand based on the lack of posting interest and it probably takes up lots of bandwidth...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 05:04:43 AM »

No big lost, no one ever went there.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 05:50:36 AM »

The real question is:

How long was it between the time the site went off-line and anyone noticed that it went off-line?

Face it, Superman is just more popular than Batman.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »

At least in our world.

Lets do the official count - 1 full milk crate full of the Silver Age Superman family (Sman, Action, Adventure, Lois, Jimmy, Sboy) and a 2nd milk crate full of misc silver age DCs - lets take a look - hmmm...I have more Star Spangled War Stories (with dinosaurs) than Batman!
And I like Batman esp New Look Infantino and Dick Sprang - well 3 Batman 80 pagers get a lot of mileage! Ride Bat Hombre Ride!Hell I got more Flash(s) than Batman................S!
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 01:57:37 PM »

Well, you got me there, I had less than 10 Batman or Detective issues, 3 World's Finest I can remember -- and yeah, those 80 Page Giants, baby... Cheesy

"Good night, Mister Wayne, wherever you are"  Cool
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 03:14:34 PM »

Well, Supes is more popular on these boards, but that's about it.

I was just thinking about this over the weekend.  Out Xmas shopping for the boys, I noticed all kinds of things with Batman's image on them and not nearly so much with Superman's.  Whenever someone makes backpacks, kickballs, sleeping bags, whatever, you can count on them to pursue the licenses for Dora the Explorer, Spongebob, some Disney Princess or other and a couple of superheroes, which almost invariably end up being Spider-Man and Batman.

Maybe a hit movie next year will change things?

This looks like a job for...
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 04:53:02 PM »

ya doesn't help that batman's actually had 5 movies since the last superman movie eh?
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 04:55:30 PM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
Well, you got me there, I had less than 10 Batman or Detective issues, 3 World's Finest I can remember -- and yeah, those 80 Page Giants, baby... Cheesy

"Good night, Mister Wayne, wherever you are"  Cool

Ah, I didnt count World's Finest (they're in my Superman family bin!) esp the Swan run!  So I guess I do have more Bats than I thought in my belfry!  But for actual Bat -books....well, theres Dark Knight, Gotham Over Gaslight and The Cult.

Nightwing - nothing like a new movie - oh so true
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L