superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:37:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Al Franken  (Read 20524 times)
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« on: December 05, 2005, 02:35:17 PM »

Anbody else think he could be Clark Kent in this picture? I mean with different hair and 20 years younger.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 02:38:11 PM »

please don't turn this into a thread about politics.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 02:40:39 PM »

Meh heh? :?

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 02:53:55 PM »

20 years ago on old SNLs Franken had frizzy, 'fro like hair.  

Steve Allen was more a possibility - one that was explored in the Superman daily strip[s and reprinted in the 25th Annvsy Silver Superman annual

I did see Steve take his glasses off one day on TV and darn if he didnt look like Geo Reeves - simply uncanny!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 03:10:17 PM »

"I'm going to be Earth's protector.  Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and...goshdarnit...people like me!"

This looks like a job for...
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 07:06:11 PM »

I'll support Franken as Superman ONLY if they let Gilda Radner be Wonder Woman.  

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this before on this thread:

How about a young Ralph Nader? Elliot Maggin made this joke already. Somebody asks Superman who his secret identity was. "Was it Ralph Nader?" They ask.

Like many throwaway lines in Maggin's work, this was a surprisingly astute observation. Ralph had the height, the eye color, the hair, and a sort of "protect and serve" job as a consumer protection advocate.

It made me look at Ralph a little funny every time he showed up on television.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
laurel
Superman's Pal

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 03:36:41 PM »

uh.. put some horn-rims on Al Gore and you've got it. Smiley
Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 04:09:56 AM »

How about Lex Luthor? He played him in a SNL "Death of Superman" skit back in 1992.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L