superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:20:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of STAN LEE'S SUPERMAN?  (Read 11108 times)
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: December 09, 2005, 12:55:37 AM »

I am a big Stan the Man fan. I love STAN lee's JLA and heroes as well as his marvel creations.
I am particularly a big fan of the new Superman that Stan did a ways back. He used a high tech flying vest to allow him  to fly. Lois was his publicity agent! He was very much the strange visitor.
What did you think? Would you like to see a crossover with him and the traditional Superman.?

Remember : wherever you go , there you are.
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 02:25:05 AM »

it was called Stan Lee's "Just Imagine" series, Just Imagine, Superman with an alien marooned on earth, a former policeman,like Hawkman he was named SALDAN and worked in a circus for a while. He wanted to get back to his homeworld but human tech was so low it couldn't get there so he dedicated himself to help its advance.  by fighting crime

http://home.comcast.net/~psybertrack/saldansuperman_John_DAmanda.html

JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 07:50:40 PM »

Ignore the whiners harping on STRIPERELLA - the JUST IMAGINE...? books shows that Stan the Man's still got it just like back in the day.

Would the DC Universe be different if Stan could bring his approach to THEM instead of Marvel? Yes; it would be different, though no less interesting.

Stan Lee's SUPERMAN had an interesting, reality-grounded concept: a guy from a high-grav world getting incredible speed, strength and toughness on ours, and he has to "pretend" his feats come from a costume, which is a really amusing irony. Lois Lane makes an appearance as a shameless promoter; the personality is interesting, particularly on a female character.  

Stan Lee's THE FLASH was the best version of the character that we've seen in years. The "I just ran so fast I saw myself...because I went faster than light" blew my mind - as did the colored rainbow of hair behind the character.

The other triumph of the JUST IMAGINE series was the SANDMAN, a very well characterized character with distinctive powers (a crystal that created gas that put people to sleep and the ability to touch the Dream World).

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 04:36:59 AM »

I really liked Striparella.  It was funny as can be and  reminded me of the Tick in its send up of the comic super shero. I laughed like crazy and thought Pamela did a fine job of voice performance. I haven't ever seen a tv/movie production which Stan had control of that I didn't like at least part of . But I could see how Striparella wasn't everybody's cup of tea considering political correctness.  So What? It was fun and entertaining.  If  they want to whine, let them watch Mutant X instead.
  By the way, JulianPerez, I was born in Miami, Florida , in Mercy Hospital and grew up in Miami and the general area until I was 21.  I moved there again for a while in 1984 until 1987, though I ended up living in Miami Springs and Hialeah before moving to Oakland, California in 1987.

Yeah , I liked the Stan Lee Saldan/Superman and wish it had become a regular series.
I didn't read the Flash or Sandman yet, i will definitelly check them out.  I liked Batman, and Green Lantern.

That is a distinctive power. Very useful but not often found in comics. Touching the dreams of others. cool.

RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 09:20:25 AM »

I only read half of the Just Imagine series so far, but I really liked Stan's Superman. Most Superfans hate it.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 02:40:16 AM »

I am of the mind that you can never get enough Supeman related products and books.  I enjoy the alternate Supermen that have popped up over the years. I liked electric-Supes. I liked Superman red and blue. I liked the Generations Supermen and superwomen.  The WHAT IF factor has always been a cool way of writing new and unique stories about an older character.  I even like Superman as a non-super hero in Kandor . What was their name? I think it was Nightwing and Flamebird.
But I am also a big fan of the basic formula Superman, with his CK identity hid by mere glasses, his love Lois needing to be rescued and his strong stand for Purity, Truth, Justice, Honor, and Life. He may be a boyscout but so was I once.

lonewolf23k
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 04:15:12 PM »

Anyone know where I can get more information on Just Imagine's Superman?
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 12:03:56 AM »

Superman
Race: Alien
Enemy: Gorrock
Powers: Saldan had alien technology that gave him some powers. He got some of his powers from earth's atmosphere and earth gravity.
Saldan can  super leap/jump, fly, has super vision, super strength, invulnerability, and superspeed/fast reactions.

gives some info on the Just Imagine Stan Lee Creating the DC Universe series, including stories done by Stan Lee, Jerry Ordway and others.
There was a couple trade paperbacks that gathered the individual comics.
Just Imagine Volume 1 and 2
I don't know if all of the following are put in a trade paperback yet but they were at least individual issues.
The Just Imagine series showed revised origins and stories of heroes from the DCUniverse. Some heroes re-imagined were :
Superman ( by Stan Lee, pencils: Jim Lee )
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Batman (Stan Lee and Joe Kubert)
The Flash
Shazam (Capt.Marvel) [by Gary Frank]
The Justice League of America (by Jerry Ordway)
Robin (By John Byrne)
Catwoman
Aquaman
Sandman
Just Imagine Crisis
Just Imagine Stan Lee : Secret Files #1

Different artists worked on these stories.
featuring art by Dan Jurgens and Bob Layton! Featuring the titanic writing talents of Stan Lee (with Uslan co-writing the "On The Street" backup stories and the Secret Files lead), this volume features art by Kevin Maguire & Karl Story, Jerry Ordway, John Byrne & Terry Austin, Gary Frank & Sandra Hope, Sergio Aragonés, John Severin, Kano, and Adam Hughes, who provided the original covers.

http://www.popmatters.com/comics/just-imagine-stan-lee.shtml

http://www.comictreadmill.com/CTMBlogarchives/2004/2004_Individual/2004_10/000560.php

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/graphic_novels/new_graphic_novel2069.htm

check out these links

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L