superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:54:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kurt Busiek to write Aquaman  (Read 16034 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 09:46:21 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
If this bloke is now Aquaman then what will Aquaman will be called?

How about "King Arthur"?

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Or the Conan comic he was been writing for a while that he talked about here and was mention a few times in that link I posted to start the thread.

Kurt, do you know if all your Conan work is going to be collected in trade paperbacks?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 06:24:23 PM »

Ooooh, good point: will ecology be a major theme or plot point in the upcoming AQUAMAN series? It sounds like it, considering part of it will involve corporations and undersea resources and whatnot.

Here's a question for the forum: what characters would work in a Sword & Sorcery context a la SWORD OF ATLANTIS, and which ones would not?

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 07:36:56 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Kurt, do you know if all your Conan work is going to be collected in trade paperbacks?

I'd expect so.

kdb
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 07:38:30 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
Ooooh, good point: will ecology be a major theme or plot point in the upcoming AQUAMAN series? It sounds like it, considering part of it will involve corporations and undersea resources and whatnot.

"Ecology" as a theme in most superhero comics means "preachy anti-pollution story," rather than "the way the world works around us affects us."

I don't want to do any of the former, I have some ideas regarding the latter.

kdb
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2005, 02:34:40 AM »

yeah, i hate preachy eco guys too.  There's more to Aquaman than that.

I'm thinking motivation here. A is about protecting the sea and the city of Atlantis.  Much like Bats is motivated to protect and clean up his city
gotham city.

I thought it would be cool if Aquaman got drunk sometime too. Who hasn't got drunk at least once in life. He's got enough problems to warrant tossing back a few. But you never see any body but Lobo and Bibbo getting loaded.  He wouldn't have to drink like a fish (ouch!), but at least once he might drink more than he could handle before he has realized he had too much.

Also, Aquaman needs a love interest.  Bats eyes Diana sometimes. Supes has Lois. But poor lonely Aquaman in all alone.

Does Aquaman have to launder his costume?

Remember : wherever you go , there you are.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2005, 02:50:14 AM »

Quote from: "psybertrack"
Also, Aquaman needs a love interest. Bats eyes Diana sometimes. Supes has Lois. But poor lonely Aquaman in all alone.

Well, Aquaman has his Princess Mera. She's more like Aquaman's Hawkgirl than his Lois Lane, and it takes one gutsy writer to give a hero's girlfriend better powers than he does.  Cheesy  She had a fairly neat power that nobody has ever really made use of its full crazy, interesting potential: the ability to create hard water. Like the Asian Dr. Light, there's a neat power there that writers have yet to have them do anything truly cool with.  

Will we see the Elementals from Paul Kupperberg's JLA Atlantis story? (Man, Zatanna was one great JLA chairperson; she can boss around Superman and that's something.)

How about Tier Nan Oge from that eighties miniseries where Aquaman got his Sea World costume?

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2005, 08:39:51 AM »

yeah I like Zatanna, now Aquaman and Zatanna exploring Ancient atlantis magic and tech, now that would be rad

Remember : wherever you go , there you are.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L