superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #6 Cover  (Read 14502 times)
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 05:15:16 AM »

Concerning the partially-blacked out "Supergirl #7" cover, I posted the following comments on the DC Message Boards:

We'll probably have a better idea once the official March solicitations are released on Monday, but here's a thought...

We know that Supergirl will be appearing in the Legion of Super-Heroes about that time. In the new Legion stories there's been teasing references to a planet called "Rokyn", but so far we've had no depictions of this place or its inhabitants.

Bronze Age readers might recall that Rokyn ("Rao's Gift") was also called New Krypton. This was where the Bottled City of Kandor was finally enlarged. And Kandor was the home of Van-Zee and Ak-Var, aka "Nightwing and Flamebird". (The original Nightwing and Flamebird were Superman and Jimmy Olsen.)

The Rokyn system often phased between dimensions, and the last time that planet was seen was during "Superman #414", when Superman returned Supergirl's body to her parents for burial. Rokyn was never seen or mentioned again during the Post-Crisis era.

But perhaps Infinite Crisis has jolted Rokyn back into the Legion universe? Can this be the Mark Waid version of Daxam? And is it a rebooted "Birthright" Rokyn, or the very same Rokyn that once visited the Earth-1 universe? So the shadowed figures might be the distant descendants of Van-Zee and Ak-Var, still relying on belt thrusters due to Rokyn's high gravity and red sun.

And if this really IS the same old Rokyn in the 31st Century, our new Supergirl may find something very shocking waiting for her and the Legionnaires -- the 1,020-year-old TOMB of KARA ZOR-EL!   :shock:

DTO
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 09:07:27 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
BTW, what do you think of the Post-IC Robin costume?

Changing the costumes of classic characters rarely works, but IMHO this is one of best designs. I really like it. Not that it's saying much, but I think it's my favorite Robin costume.

here it is:

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Feb06/preview/RobinCv148-01.jpg

looks teen titanish.. but who's the bat character behind him?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 09:24:27 PM »

BTW, what do you think of the Post-IC Robin costume?

Changing the costumes of classic characters rarely works, but IMHO this is one of best designs. I really like it. Not that it's saying much, but I think it's my favorite Robin costume.

here it is:

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Feb06/preview/RobinCv148-01.jpg

I still have a soft-spot for the original short-pants version; but as far as the long-pants Robin costumes are concerned (from the Earth-2 Robin to the Tim Drake versions), I agree - this is the best one yet.

Having the top and the bottom be the same color seems like an obvious evolution - and turns it into a "real" super-hero costume.  I'm surprised they never did this before.

Now I'm even more curious about Superboy-prime's new costume.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 01:59:20 AM »

I am still skeptical that they will go back to multiple earths.  I suspect that several elements of earth 2 will be more incorporated into the new DC Universe, however.

DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 06:02:11 PM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"
Quote from: "llozymandias"
Earth-Zero has elements of Earths 1, 2, 4, S, & X.  So if Earth-Zero were to "split back" into its "component" earths, that should be at least a 5 way split.  That cover picture looks more like two earths colliding than one splitting into two.

If that is true then, what is the other Earth and where did it come from?

You have not been following the Elseworlds lines have you?  Wink

From a bit in Previews catalog, Infinite Crisis is supposed to visit the worlds described in Kingdom Come and Justice League: The Nail.

Kingdom Come was a possible future.

The big thing here is Justice League: The Nail.  In the series with the Limbo Cell, it was shown the the Nail universe is actually a multi-verse.  My guess is that if that is a collision between two Earths, the other one has to be The Nail Earth.  Nail and Zero are oppisite sides of the coin.   There is also the posibility it is the Wildstorm universe with Mister Majestic and WildCATS.  Captain Atom is now in the Wildstorm universe

It's not like a few Earths didn't escape damage.  Earth C and Earth C Minus were stated to be too far away for COIE to affect

Nope, that happened in the most recent issue of JSA.
Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 06:11:43 PM »

what happend in jsa?

the nail and another nail showed the exsistence of a multiverse...
i wonder if the nail universe had a coie?
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 03:55:53 PM »

Man, why are people comparing this new Robin costume to the teen Titans cartoon version? That costume actually looks more like the Tim Drake costume than this.

..and the feathers. Look, it's Robin as in **ROBIN HOOD** not the bird!  I don't care what they had Chriis O'Donell blabbering about in Batman Forever!

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 04:27:05 PM »

Man, why are people comparing this new Robin costume to the teen Titans cartoon version?

I believe they are comparing the art not the suit itself, your pal Ed drew him like a buffer version of how Robin is drawn in the Cartoon.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L