superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:13:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #6 Cover  (Read 14521 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: December 10, 2005, 06:49:49 PM »

I don't think this is the full complete cover, just a sneak peak like before, but is that what I think it is?:shock:

see it here:
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Feb06/preview/InfiniteCrisisCv6.jpg

Also, more sneak cover here:

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Feb06/preview/MarchDCPreview.htm

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 07:33:53 PM »

More evidence for my theory that Earths One and Two will be returning, when the current Earth-Zero splits back in two.  (Although I suspect that the new Earth-1 will look a lot more like Earth-0 than like the original Earth-1)

The only remaining questions are - will the Earth-1 Superman keep the Birthright origin; and what of Earth-D?  Smiley

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 08:27:31 PM »

With those belt-mounted flight packs, the figures on the Supergirl cover look like they could be a female Nightwing and Flamebird.  Especially with that "After (someone - almost looks like 'Immonen') and Anderson" message in the lower right corner...

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 09:08:15 PM »

Earth-Zero has elements of Earths 1, 2, 4, S, & X.  So if Earth-Zero were to "split back" into its "component" earths, that should be at least a 5 way split.  That cover picture looks more like two earths colliding than one splitting into two.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 09:31:18 PM »

Quote from: "llozymandias"
Earth-Zero has elements of Earths 1, 2, 4, S, & X.  So if Earth-Zero were to "split back" into its "component" earths, that should be at least a 5 way split.  That cover picture looks more like two earths colliding than one splitting into two.

If that is true then, what is the other Earth and where did it come from?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 11:15:33 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Quote from: "llozymandias"

If that is true then, what is the other Earth and where did it come from?

You have not been following the Elseworlds lines have you?  Wink

From a bit in Previews catalog, Infinite Crisis is supposed to visit the worlds described in Kingdom Come and Justice League: The Nail.

Kingdom Come was a possible future.

The big thing here is Justice League: The Nail.  In the series with the Limbo Cell, it was shown the the Nail universe is actually a multi-verse.  My guess is that if that is a collision between two Earths, the other one has to be The Nail Earth.  Nail and Zero are oppisite sides of the coin.   There is also the posibility it is the Wildstorm universe with Mister Majestic and WildCATS.  Captain Atom is now in the Wildstorm universe

It's not like a few Earths didn't escape damage.  Earth C and Earth C Minus were stated to be too far away for COIE to affect
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 12:29:44 AM »

Actually, Earth-C and Earth-C-Minus were stated to be alternate *dimensions* instead of "parallel Earths", and thus were spared from Crisis. Dumb distinction that isn't really one to me---even if it was a cartoonish Earth, it *was* still "Earth" (and the characters lived in a manner similar to people on "our" Earth, even with their own versions of the Moon and Pluto)---but guess if it keeps them around... ;-)

Re: splitting Earth-0 back into its component worlds: while it is an amalgam of Earths-1, -2, -S, -X, and -4, would think splitting them into Earth-1 and -2 would be the main splitting goal (if it were up to me, I'd also throw in -S, figuring that the Marvel Family could use their own world to run around in).

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 02:08:38 AM »

BTW, what do you think of the Post-IC Robin costume?

Changing the costumes of classic characters rarely works, but IMHO this is one of best designs. I really like it. Not that it's saying much, but I think it's my favorite Robin costume.

here it is:

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Feb06/preview/RobinCv148-01.jpg

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L