superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The STORY of SUPERMAN'S LIFE!"  (Read 9119 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: December 12, 2005, 04:51:11 AM »

Here it is, the definitive Superman origin:

"The STORY of SUPERMAN'S LIFE!"

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 08:43:44 AM »

Coool- i remember seeing this reprinted as I remember it vividly but somehow cant remember where? Krypton annual?
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 11:06:45 AM »

It was reprinted in Superman in the Sixties.
Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 09:37:39 PM »

What was the original source of the audio files "THE STORY of SUPERMAN'S LIFE!" and "SUPERMAN'S MYSTERY POWER!" ? I assume sound kind of Read Along record album.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 10:09:16 PM »

It wasn't a "read-along."

It was some sort of "radio-play"-like audio CD, with just those three tracks on it.  It never mentioned anything about the source material.

We've talked about it before somewhere in this forum, but I wasn't able to find the discussion after doing a quick search just now.  Someone else here also bought the CD and was talking about it.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Captain Marbles
Superman's Pal

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 05:32:42 PM »

I think you missed uploading the next to the last page of this story.

"'Shazoom'?!  Vas ist das 'Shazoom'?!"

Superduperman, from Tales Calculated To Drive You Mad #4
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 07:11:40 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Marbles"
I think you missed uploading the next to the last page of this story.

Which page number are you having difficulties with?  They all work fine for me.

S!

Captain Marbles
Superman's Pal

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 11:29:53 PM »

I'm not having trouble downloading it, you forgot to upload page twelve of the original comic story.  This story originally had thirteen pages, not twelve.  Your page twelve is really the last page of the comic.  I know this because in the original story, on page twelve we got to see Pa Kent's dying words, Superboy's farewell to Smallville, the crowd forming into letters saying "FAREWELL, SUPERBOY, WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOU" and Superboy's super cake.

"'Shazoom'?!  Vas ist das 'Shazoom'?!"

Superduperman, from Tales Calculated To Drive You Mad #4
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L