superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: March 2006, big Month for Superman  (Read 11669 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: December 12, 2005, 10:38:30 PM »

ALL STAR SUPERMAN #3
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and cover by Frank Quitely
The All Star adventures of the Man of Steel take another startling turn when Lois Lane transforms from Superman’s girlfriend into a Kryptonian Superwoman! Meanwhile, Lex Luthor’s plans simmer as the criminal mastermind exerts his charisma and intellect over the hardcore inmates who share his maximum-security prison.
On sale March 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

SUPERMAN #650
Written by Geoff Johns & Kurt Busiek
Art by Pete Woods
Cover by Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson
It’s One Year Later…and Metropolis prepares to bid farewell to a hero! Join writers Geoff Johns (INFINITE CRISIS, TEEN TITANS) & Kurt Busiek (ASTRO CITY, SUPERMAN: SECRET IDENTITY, JLA/AVENGERS), artist Pete Woods (CATWOMAN) and cover artists Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson (HARLEY QUINN, Marvel Knights: Spider-Man) for Part 1 of “Up, Up and Away,” an 8-part story crossing over with ACTION COMICS! Retailers please note: ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN has been re-titled SUPERMAN beginning with issue #650.
On sale March 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

ACTION COMICS #837
Art by Pete Woods
Cover by Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson
It’s One Year Later…and whos tagged Clark Kent as a target? The 8-part “Up, Up and Away” continues as writers Geoff Johns & Kurt Busiek (ASTRO CITY, SUPERMAN: SECRET IDENTITY, JLA/AVENGERS) join forces with artists Pete Woods (CATWOMAN) and cover artist Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson (HARLEY QUINN, Marvel Knights: Spider-Man)!
On sale March 29 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

SUPERGIRL #7
Written by Greg Rucka
Art and cover by Ian Churchill
It’s one year later…and Kara and Power Girl have become the dynamic duo of the bottle city of Kandor as the new Flamebird and Nightwing! Don’t miss the debut of new series writer Greg Rucka (WONDER WOMAN, THE OMAC PROJECT) and artist Ian Churchill!
On sale March 8 • 32 pg, FC,

SUPERMAN ARCHIVES VOL. 7 HC
Written by Don Cameron, Jerry Siegel, Bill Finger and others
Art by Joe Shuster, Fred Ray, George Roussos and others
Cover by Ray
The Golden Age of Superman hits its stride in SUPERMAN ARCHIVES VOL. 7, reprinting SUPERMAN #25-29 (1943-1944)! With World War II heating up, Superman fights subversion and sabotage at home while foiling villains like the Toyman and the Prankster.
Advance-solicited; on sale April 26 • 240 pg, FC, $49.99 US

SHOWCASE PRESENTS THE SUPERMAN FAMILY VOL. 1 TP
Written by Otto Binder
Art by Curt Swan, Ruben Moreria, Ray Burnley and others
Cover by Swan & Stan Kaye
The super-affordable Showcase collections continue with a volume spotlighting Superman's girlfriend Lois Lane and pal Jimmy Olsen, collecting the first 22 issues of SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN and Lois's first solo outing from SHOWCASE #9!
On sale March 15 • 576 pg, B&W, $16.99 US

SUPERMAN IN THE EIGHTIES TP
Written and illustrated by various
Cover by John Byrne
Don’t miss this collection of tales from the ‘80s, reprinted from ACTION COMICS #507-508, 554, 595, 600 (select stories), 644, SUPERMAN #408, DC COMICS PRESENTS #29, and ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #430! Artist/writer Jerry Ordway provides the introduction and context for this latest addition to DC's "Decades" library.
Advance-solicited; on sale April 5 • 192 pg, FC, $19.99 US
2.99 US

INFINITE CRISIS #6
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Phil Jimenez & Andy Lanning
Covers by Jim Lee & Sandra Hope and George Pérez
Which events in this continuing epic will lead us to One Year Later? What worlds live? Which hero dies? Retailers please note: This issue will ship with covers by Lee & Hope (approximately 50%) and Pérez (approximately 50%).
On sale March 8 • 6 of 7 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS #40
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art and cover by Butch Guice
It’s One Year Later…and Aquaman has totally changed! Join the new creative team of Kurt Busiek (ASTRO CITY, JLA) and Butch Guice (JLA CLASSIFIED) for the start of an amazing new undersea adventure!
On sale March 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

BIZARRO WORLD SC
Written and illustrated by Tony Millionaire, Kyle Baker, Dylan Horrocks, Eddie Campbell, Harvey Pekar, James Kochalka, Gilbert Hernandez, Peter Bagge and others
Cover by Jaime Hernandez
A heaping slab of great comics featuring Bizarro by a who’s-who of fantastic comic artists and writers! It's big! It's indisputably rectangular! It stays crunchy even in milk!
Advance-solicited; on sale April 26 • 200 pg, FC, $19.99 US

SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF THE SUPER-HEROES #16
Written by Mark Waid
Art and cover by Barry Kitson & Mick Gray
It’s 1,001 years later…and guess who’s joining the Legion of Super-Heroes? It’s just what you think…and nothing you expect!
On sale March 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

SHOWCASE PRESENTS TEEN TITANS VOL. 1 TP
Written by Bob Haney, Marv Wolfman and Len Wein
Art by Nick Cardy, Bruno Premiani, Bill Molno, Irv Novick, Lee Elias, Bill Draut, Sal Trapani and Jack Abel
Cover by Cardy
The "Showcase" format continues with a volume collecting BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54, 60, SHOWCASE #59, and TEEN TITANS #1-18. Robin, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, and Aqualad unite for adventures only a teen team could handle!
Advance-solicited; on sale April 5 • 528 pg, B&W, $16.99 US

for a full list of DC Comics whole line and cover pics click here: http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Mar06/DCMar05Solicits.html

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 10:55:10 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
ALL STAR SUPERMAN #3
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and cover by Frank Quitely
The All Star adventures of the Man of Steel take another startling turn when Lois Lane transforms from Superman’s girlfriend into a Kryptonian Superwoman! Meanwhile, Lex Luthor’s plans simmer as the criminal mastermind exerts his charisma and intellect over the hardcore inmates who share his maximum-security prison.

Sounds fantastic!  Seeing Lex up to his usual brilliant tricks in prison will be great.

SUPERMAN #650
It’s One Year Later…and Metropolis prepares to bid farewell to a hero! Join writers Geoff Johns  & Kurt Busiek , artist Pete Woods and cover artists Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson for Part 1 of “Up, Up and Away,” an 8-part story crossing over with ACTION COMICS! Retailers please note: ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN has been re-titled SUPERMAN beginning with issue #650.

This one has me extremely curious...  the description reminds me of all the references in the Maggin stories about Superman leaving Earth at the end of his career...

SUPERGIRL #7
It’s one year later…and Kara and Power Girl have become the dynamic duo of the bottle city of Kandor as the new Flamebird and Nightwing!

Hah!  Can I call it, or can I call it?

SUPERMAN IN THE EIGHTIES TP
Written and illustrated by various
Cover by John Byrne
Don’t miss this collection of tales from the ‘80s, reprinted from ACTION COMICS #507-508, 554, 595, 600 (select stories), 644, SUPERMAN #408, DC COMICS PRESENTS #29, and ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #430!

I'm glad DC is publishing an "eighties" TPB, and I'm glad it's got some pre-reboot material.  But I looked up each of these stories - and all I can say is - what an.. odd - selection..  I suppose it's appropriate to have a Mongul story in there - but wasn't that part of a multi-part storyline?  And two Marv Wolfmans seems a bit much.  Cary Bates=Good, but why "The Miraculous Return of Jonathan Kent"? No Maggin at all also seems a bit - odd.  One of the post-reboot issues is, I believe, a Roger Stern "Matrix thinks she's Clark Kent/Superman" story.  Also an odd choice.  Should make for an... interesting... read...

It'll be strange, having lived through the 1980s Superman comics, to go back and look at them with a historical perspective.

I wonder when they'll publish their "Superman in the Nineties" TPB...  and I wonder what they'll call their "Superman in the 2000-2010 range" TPB.  "Superman in the Noughts?"  "Superman in the Zeroes?"

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 11:51:18 PM »

superman at the turn of the century?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 01:24:48 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"

Sounds fantastic!  Seeing Lex up to his usual brilliant tricks in prison will be great.

Yes, every issue sounds amazing and the cover is the best one yet!

This one has me extremely curious...  the description reminds me of all the references in the Maggin stories about Superman leaving Earth at the end of his career...

Yes, but where is the Earth-2 fellow if he is still around by this point?

Hah!  Can I call it, or can I call it?

heh, I guess this is the closest thing to the return of the true duo, I just hope that the new supersuits are more cute than sluty. But, considering who are wearing them, I wouldn't bet on it  :oops:

But I bet they will be very popular with current fans either way Wink

I'm glad DC is publishing an "eighties" TPB, and I'm glad it's got some pre-reboot material.  But I looked up each of these stories - and all I can say is - what an.. odd - selection..  I suppose it's appropriate to have a Mongul story in there - but wasn't that part of a multi-part storyline?  And two Marv Wolfmans seems a bit much.  Cary Bates=Good, but why "The Miraculous Return of Jonathan Kent"? No Maggin at all also seems a bit - odd.  One of the post-reboot issues is, I believe, a Roger Stern "Matrix thinks she's Clark Kent/Superman" story.  Also an odd choice.  Should make for an... interesting... read...

I think I might skip this one, surely there were better tales to chose from?

I wonder when they'll publish their "Superman in the Nineties" TPB...  and I wonder what they'll call their "Superman in the 2000-2010 range" TPB.  "Superman in the Noughts?"  "Superman in the Zeroes?"

Superman in the 21 century Vol.1 what else? S!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 02:32:36 AM »

The cover for All-Star Superman #3 is stunning indeed. It also looks like Quitely has softened Superman's jawline somewhat.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 04:30:31 AM »

Quote from: "BMK!"
The cover for All-Star Superman #3 is stunning indeed.

You're right, the cover is fantastic.  And I love Lois' Superwoman costume!  That round S-logo is the same one that Luma Lynai (and the Earth-D Superman) had.

It also looks like Quitely has softened Superman's jawline somewhat.

This explains why the book keeps getting delayed.  First they had to re-draw all of Superman's S logos in issue #1 - now they're re-doing Clark to look more like Brandon Routh. Smiley

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 04:01:05 PM »

And most surprising of all, a "Superman Through The Ages" action figure multi-pack!

Rao, are you getting a cut of this one?  :lol:

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 04:38:12 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
And most surprising of all, a "Superman Through The Ages" action figure multi-pack!

Rao, are you getting a cut of this one?  :lol:

Like I said before, someone who works at DC Direct really loves this site Wink

Thank you, whoever you are Smiley

Great Rao needs to create a banner to promote that items when it gets close to the release date Cheesy

SUPERMAN THROUGH THE AGES Action Figure Gift Set
Don't miss this amazing Action Figure Gift Set featuring the greatest Superman figures! The set consists of four different 6" scale versions of Superman, including the Jim Lee Superman, John Byrne Superman, First Appearance Superman and Robot Superman! Each figure features a new head and cape, multiple points of articulation and a display base. This set is packaged in a 4 color window box with a full-size 48-page comic book compiling material from ACTION COMICS #1, SUPERMAN (Second Series) #7, and AMAZING WORLD OF SUPERMAN`!

On Sale August 16, 2006

http://dccomics.com/media/products/5037_a_full.jpg

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L