superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: March 2006, big Month for Superman  (Read 11674 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 04:22:47 PM »

Maybe we can get ESM to do finally do one as Beppo keeps reminding us of his shattered dream. Wink
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 04:23:54 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"

And maybe we'd even finally get to see a good Super Monkey story!

S!

The reason I picked the name was because he was the ultimate underdog character that no one seem to like, and to p-off Iron Age fans when I posted at DC's boards way back when Wink

Most of the Legion of Super-Pets stories are pretty good:

"The Legion of Super-Traitors!"
Synopsis:
Super-Pets defeat Brain-Globes of Rambat

Character appearances:
Lana Lang, Kents; Legion of Super-Heroes (Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl); Phantom Zone inhabitants (Jax-Ur, General Zod, Mon-El); Legion of Super-Pets (1st) (Krypto, Streaky, Super-Monkey, Super-Horse (1st))

Reprinted: in Superboy (DC, 1949 series) #147 (June 1968); Adventure Comics Digest #495; Legion of Super-Heroes Archives #1

The Super-Tests of the Super-Pets!
Synopsis:
The Super-Pets induct Proty II while the Legion of Super-Heroes is away.

Character appearances:
Legion of Super-Heroes; Super-Pets; Legion of Substitute Heroes

Reprinted: in Best of DC Digest 44; Legion Archives vol. 3

The Evil Hand of the Luck Lords!
Synopsis:
Saturn Girl visits Thaun to investigate a series of Legionnaire jinxes, only to find that the evil Luck Lords used a super-hypnotic long-range ray.

Character appearances:
Legion of Super-Heroes (Sun Boy, Brainiac 5, Invisible Kid, Cosmic Boy, Superboy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Chameleon Boy, Duo Damsel, Light Lass, Star Boy, Bouncing Boy, Shrinking Violet, Element Lad, Matter-Eater Lad, Triplicate Girl (flashback)); Legion of Super-Pets (Proty II, Comet, Streaky, Krypto, Beppo); Computo (flashback); Calamity King (flashback)

Reprinted: in Superboy (DC, 1949 series) #208 (April 1975); Legion Archives vol. 5

The Revolt of the Super-Pets!

Synopsis:
The Super-Pets depart for a world which they think appreciates them, but it turns out to be a gang of criminals.

Character appearances:
Superboy; Saturn Girl; Sun Boy; Star Boy; Chameleon Boy; Brainiac 5; Phantom Girl; Colossal Boy; Shrinking Violet; Ultra Boy; Invisible Kid; Lightning Lad; Light Lass; Supergirl (all as the Legion of Super-Heroes); Beppo (origin); Streaky (origin); Comet (origin); Krypto (origin); Proty II (origin) (all as the Legion of Super-Pets); Circe (flashback); Jor-El (flashback); X-kryptonite (flashback); Rikkor Rost (villain)

The Legion's Space Odyssey!
Synopsis:
The Legion is transported by an explosion, but their ordeal was engineered by Superboy to protect them from a vision by Dream Girl.

Character appearances:
Legion of Super-Heroes (Bouncing Boy, Duo Damsel, Superboy, Invisible Kid, Dream Girl, Light Lass, Sun Boy, Cosmic Boy, Ultra Boy, Mon-El); Legion of Super-Pets (Beppo, Comet, Streaky, Krypto, Proty II)

The Revenge of the Super-Pets!
Character appearances:
Beppo; Comet the Super-Horse; Krypto; Streaky (all as the Legion of Super-Pets, guest stars); Cyrus Atwill (intro, villain); Henry Bergh (founder of SPCA, guest star); Superman; Perry White

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 05:40:58 PM »

Apologies to all concerned (especially to Elliot), but after the last few posts, I just couldn't resist:

Blame Klar for this one!

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 05:53:51 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Apologies to all concerned (especially to Elliot), but after the last few posts, I just couldn't resist:

Blame Klar for this one!

S!

LOL!

He has fans..

http://members.shaw.ca/comicbookgorillarama/cbgindex.htm

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 07:10:43 PM »

Still 10 cents! Love it!

And hey I collect DC 'rilla covers! Who can forget them playing baseball on the cover of Strange Sports Stories?

But will "Elliot' address the mystery of Superbaby's, Beppo's and Bizarros' common phraseology in speaking?

Me wonder.  :wink:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L