superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonComing MIRACLE MONDAY 2017!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:34:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Virus-X Saga  (Read 4854 times)
Jor-El
Supermen of America

« on: December 13, 2005, 03:19:48 PM »

Are there any plans to put this comic online, from what i have read elsewhere on the Web, its apparantely quite poignant, is the Virus Superman contracts the same virus x from Krypton?

My world was destroyed and there were no other survivors who am i ?!?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 04:36:48 PM »

Yes, Superman actually contracts Virus-X - the one from Krypton - unlike that first story, where he only thinks he contracted it.

I've got the issues kicking around somewhere, but I wasn't that impressed with the story.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 05:23:26 PM »

Then there's the one where Supergirl contracts Virus X, and the famous Alan Moore Superman-Swamp Thing teamup where Superman might as well have contracted Virus X, but Superman inexplicably forgets about White K.  Smiley
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 06:14:41 PM »

Quote from: "Uncle Mxy"
Then there's the one where Supergirl contracts Virus X, and the famous Alan Moore Superman-Swamp Thing teamup where Superman might as well have contracted Virus X, but Superman inexplicably forgets about White K.  Smiley

No, that's http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php?title=Bloodmorel&rcid=6693

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 06:39:37 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"

It's the same basic idea as Virus X, which was my point.  I remember reading it at the time and thinking "great story, but why doesn't Superman dig up the White K?"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 09:09:24 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"

It's the same basic idea as Virus X, which was my point.  I remember reading it at the time and thinking "great story, but why doesn't Superman dig up the White K?"

You need to read it again, he was going loony toons, he wasn't thinking straight.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 09:12:14 PM »

Oh great the big guy can go bonkers - that makes me feel sooooooooo secure.

The Virus X serial in Action - cool covers notwithstanding - was a bit of a drag. The art was by Andru & Espositio IIRC. Been years. Wait maybe it was yesterday - mebbe just mebbe Im going bonkers. Bloody'ell - that!
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 07:06:28 AM »

That was one of my favorite stories when I was growing up!  

I actually HATED waiting for subsequent issues to come out!  I had to read a cousin's copies, 'cause my parents could get us comics every month, and they didn't know/care about the differences between Superman and Action Comics!  Smiley    

Heh.  That actually reminds me of how I begged my Mom to buy me Superman #199 (the first Superman-Flash race), and she came home with a DIFFERENT Superman-Flash story!  I ended up getting Superman #199 for Christmas that year, I believe!  Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L