superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonK-Metal Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:12:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Original Flash Gordon returns!  (Read 3165 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: December 15, 2005, 04:05:11 AM »

Press Release

This just in--“The Classic FLASH GORDON” art of Al Williamson will appear in two 48-page books via Image Comics and Eva Ink Publishing starting in April 2006.

Back in print after decades, the groundbreaking Flash Gordon art and stories by Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson--that has inspired generations of artists and movie makers (i.e. Star Wars?) alike--is finally available once again.

Return with Flash to the strange lost world of Mongo, be there again as Flash confronts the God of the Beastmen--all rendered with the line work of an undeniable master illustrator, Williamson. A true milestone in comic art excellence.

“I am very pleased to be offering this material to the public again,” says Eva Ink editor, Renee Witterstaetter. “ Countless artists that I have worked with over the years have mentioned these stories as being some of the most influential, and some of the issues they have had to have in their private collections.

“We hope to present them to yet a new generation of artists and readers, in these new books.”

Series Features the stories:
"Terror of the Blue Death," "Flash Gordon in the Lost Continent of Mongo," "Secret Agent x-9" and many more. The two part series will be followed by a 64-page trade paperback: “The Art of Flash Gordon.”

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 05:08:49 AM »

Ah you know this makes me very happy. Thanks for the heads up, Beppo. Now I can stop tracking those down. :wink:
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 02:17:42 AM »

Best news I've heard since they started collecting the Max Raboy FLASH GORDON dailies together (now THAT was one handsome release; that pure white, stiff paper, the dustjacketed cover, all done, thankfully, without shrinking or reduction).

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 11:22:39 AM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
Best news I've heard since they started collecting the Max Raboy FLASH GORDON dailies together (now THAT was one handsome release; that pure white, stiff paper, the dustjacketed cover, all done, thankfully, without shrinking or reduction).

I haven't heard of this! Who released them? And do you happen to know if there are any Mac Raboy Captain Marvel Junior collections? I've tried Googling this, but all I've found out is that Mac Raboy is a gay icon.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 06:08:04 PM »

Quote from: "Mac Raboy"
I haven't heard of this! Who released them? And do you happen to know if there are any Mac Raboy Captain Marvel Junior collections? I've tried Googling this, but all I've found out is that Mac Raboy is a gay icon.

Dark Horse, I believe, were the ones that released the Mac Raboy FLASH GORDON dailies reprints.

Thank goodness for Dark Horse; if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have the amazing ASTRO BOY reprint comics.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L