superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:05:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Showcase: Superman Family Vol.1 Hype thread  (Read 5822 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: December 15, 2005, 04:31:36 AM »

I don't know about all of you, but I am a big fan of Jimmy Olsen's Comics and Lois Lane as well, so I am super excited that Dc will be finally reprinting these tales, something I could only dream of before, so lets take a closer look at just what this volume will include, 1st from DC's site:

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: THE SUPERMAN FAMILY VOL. 1

Written by Otto Binder; Art by Curt Swan, Ruben Moreria, Ray Burnley and others; Cover by Swan and Stan Kaye

The super-affordable Showcase collections continue with a volume spotlighting Superman's girlfriend Lois Lane and pal Jimmy Olsen, collecting the first 22 issues of SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN and Lois's first solo outing from SHOWCASE #9!

Archive Editions  |  576pg.  |  B&W  |  Softcover  |  $16.99 US

On Sale March 8, 2006

Now feast your eyes upon the cover:
http://dccomics.com/media/covers/4949_400x600.jpg

Which is just the cover of Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #19 recolored.

Here are the stories:

Showcase #9
July-August 1957

This issue has three stories:

The Girl in Superman's Past
The New Lois Lane
untitled 8 page tale

This whole issue was reprinted in 2001 as Millennium Edition: Showcase #9 Jan 2001

There were 163 issues of Jimmy Olsen and 137 issues of Lois Lane.

Lois Lane showcase issues were No. 9, 10 which led to her getting her own book.

see a gallery with info on the Jimmy Olsen issues here:

http://www.comics.org/covers.lasso?SeriesID=1027

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 11:44:06 AM »

I was thrilled to get the news about this book, with its heaps of (mostly) previously unreprinted Jimmy Olsen stories by the great Curt Swan.

I noticed it is slightly larger than previous Showcase volumes, almost certainly because DC wanted to squeeze in at least one Lois Lane (aka Showcase #9) issue otherwise some people might think it should have been called Showcase Presents Jimmy Olsen!

Hopefully a Lois Lane, and maybe even a Jimmy Olsen archive is a possibility not too far down the track ...
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 09:14:02 PM »

how much are the showcase superman and gl's going for stateside?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 09:21:33 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1401207588/theamalgamatronA/

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L