superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonTomorrow's Lesson!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:04:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Why does Superman Duck?  (Read 2389 times)
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« on: December 16, 2005, 11:17:14 AM »

I just watched "The Mind Machine" on DVD a couple of days ago - for the first time in at least 25 years (which was the last time it was shown on TV here) - and I must say I was very impressed with the scenes where Superman took off into the air, particularly as this was long before the era of high tech special effects and computer-generated imagery.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 08:02:38 PM »

I'll say this for them; they sure gave it their all.  Some of those "taking off" scenes are a bit clumsy as George (or his double) gets jerked off-camera on a wire, but the fact that they'd go to such lengths at all in that era is commendable.

Ultimately, I think I prefer the "springboard" method, though.

But isn't that a goose-bump moment when Clark takes his glasses off and runs behind the boulder?  Cheesy And when the truck comes barreling down on "Superman" (and the cameraman) on that dirt road, I confess to being a bit concerned!

In the previous episode, "The Birthday Letter," George swoops down though the little girl's apartment window and nails the landing so perfectly, I had to back up the disc and watch it again.  I don't care what anyone says, this guy remains the REAL Superman for me.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L