superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:41:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samuel Hawkins  (Read 4542 times)
Felipe A. Cruz
« on: December 18, 2005, 08:30:39 PM »

I read both Taking Time and Tomorrow's Lesson and I enjoyed them a lot.  Mr. Samuel Hawkins is a great and talented writer.  I hope to see more stories written by him.
stumpy
Superman Fan

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 12:57:08 PM »

Though I've been poking around the site for a while now, I just now stumbled on the Superboy stories.  Since my youthfull intro (thanks, mom!) to comicdom was Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes #250 (and the LSH is still my favorite team book), you can imagine my thrill at this discovery.

I just read Taking Time and I am hoping for similar writing style for the other stories as it was excellent, full of that Silver Age style that I enjoy (and miss) so much.  It contrasted in a logical and compelling manner with the confident and ultra-competent Superman that I find so satisfying in ES!M's stories.  

In the story, Superboy wasn't just young and often naive as we saw so much in the comics, but also really just wet behind the ears about how to act around the public (and how to deal with his own reaction to Lana).  That came off perfectly and added a realistic perspective to "first mission" story archetype.

Anyway, thanks and praise again to Samuel Hawkins.  I am hoping to get back here and read Tomorrow's Lesson soon.   Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L