superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi-Media Annex now open!  (Read 5980 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: December 20, 2005, 05:48:54 PM »

Many moons ago, we used to host various multi-media Superman files on this site - things like the Fleischer cartoons, the 1961 John Rockwell Superboy pilot, a radio interview with Jerry Siegel, etc.

Unfortunately we had to remove them from the site because the downloads were crashing the webserver.

But now they're back!

Adam McAllister, who runs the Superman website KAL-EL.ORG, has very kindly offered to host them for us and thus make them available to the general Superman community.  They are now available at the brand new Superman Through the Ages Multi-Media Annex!  Be sure to check them out, and be sure to visit kal-el.org as well.  Thanks, Adam!

And yes, included is the much-discussed audio adaptation of "Superman's Mystery Power!" Smiley

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 06:03:28 PM »

Them's a whole lotta files!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 07:10:51 PM »

S! weet!
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 09:47:25 AM »

Here's an intersting observation rgarding the Fleischer toons. Oneis are missing ; "The 11th Hour" which is WW2 -centric.

But on a site devoted to history and discussions of same, is it wrong to omit this because of the gross politically incorrect sterotypes of war time propaganda?

Even the Batman serial of 1943 was finally released in it's original uncensorted original form with all it's war time anyti-japanese jingoism beacuse viewed in the historical contents of the times, it becomes an opening for thoughtful discussion rather than sweeping these things under the rugs as if they never existed.

Besides The 11th Hour is one hell of a toon - from it's noir motifs to the unparalled destrcution of Super-sabotage.

Yes the gross racial sterotypes and pidgin english of the yellow menace is present but without examining the past fully, how can we prepare for the future?
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 11:48:53 AM »

The mp3 of Superman's Mystery Power had me busting a gut! Who made these recordings? The actor playing Superman does a wonderful job of portraying Superman as a sulky, devious and jealous character, and I love the device of the guy in the background imperiously reading out the sound effects. He even gets to go "THE! END!"

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 04:13:26 PM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
Who made these recordings?

This is all I know about it:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005QDI7/theamalgamatronA/

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 01:15:40 AM »

Yay! I'll finally be able to see the Superboy pilot, after all this time looking for a Linux-mule client...

Thanks, Adam!  Tongue

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 03:21:04 AM »

Thanks for the Superboy pilot!!!!!

I've long wanted to see it....

Superboy is actually in good shape under the costume, Lana's acting?  Yikes!  From the exteriors, an "unhidden" Hollywood production, but still... Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L