superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:38:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #3 the thread - Super Spoilers -  (Read 8221 times)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 06:38:30 PM »

Quote from: "Kuuga"
Yeah, god forbid we have the Worlds Finest again.  Sad

As for the villification of Alexander Luthor and Earth Prime Superboy: F-Off DC.

It is crystal clear now that this entire thing will be little more than a long drawn justification for continuing down the same blood soaked darkness path that they have been and the characters who object to this will of course be put into a negative context basically as DCs way of saying "screw you" to anyone who wants DC to put the super and heroic back in it's superhero books.

The only way DC cn salvage this mess is if the Anti-Monitor is controlling Alex and Superboy Prime.

I recently picked up the He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special and watched one of  the two interviews with the various creators.  The interview I watched was about the morals they put at the end of the show.  They took a moral lesson and built a story around it and used the 30 second moral at the end to reinforce what the story was saying.

I think the people at DC need to sit down and watch that interview and watch the original He-Man and She-Ra shows.
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 07:19:31 PM »

Doing it the way that cartoon did may be a bit too heavy handed but I see what you are going for. I really do. I like the show myself and bought the first season boxed set just recently.

Despite the budget and other constraints that show had they created something that gave you enough to set a kids imagination on fire and maybe even learn the virtures of freindship and honor in the process. Which really aint half bad for a show that was made on a extremely limited budget, at a time when S&P was almost Naziesque in what they would approve and not approve, and made at all just because someone said "we need a commerical for these toys".

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 04:50:02 AM »

Yes, He-Man and She-Ra was a bit heavy handed, but it was one of the constraints.   One of the writers of that Filmation series went on to make other excellent shows.  His name was Paul Dini

Seriously, DC needs to make Pual Dini editor in chief.  He should be able to clean up the DCU and tell good stories at the same time.  He understands superheroes.

I think Infiinite Crisis will be the break point when I leave DC's 'mainstream' offering for good.  Didio's message is that truth, justice, humor, and honor have no place in the world is geting a bit much.

I'm trying to figure out what could have been done with Max Lord or Doctor Light.  You can't put them in jail, toss them in an insane asylum, mind-wipe them, kill them, or anything else because it would be the wrong thing for a superhero to do.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 05:20:13 AM »

He-Man is getting lots of DVD releases. A best of DVD, the X-Mas special DVD, season one vol.1 and coming soon season one vol.2.

He-Man's 1st ever comic book appearance (besides the minis) was in DC Comics Presents with Superman himself, and of course Paul Dini was a writer on the TV show who later went on to do some other cartoons Wink

He-Man was however, infamous for being the 1st cartoon based on a toy line. Despite being seen by detractors as nothing more than 30min infomercials, it was more than just that.

here is a good article on the show:

http://flyingmoose.org/heman/heman.htm

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 03:01:59 PM »

Well, I knew that Alexander Luthor was the villian. As for the Antimonitor being an energy being, remember that Alexander Luthor is half-antimatter. So he's likely being controlled, or is possessed by, the antimonitor. Besides, Alexander is the one who told Kal-L that he could never leave paradise again and kept him there for 20 years. It's likely that he could have left all along, but didn't until Alexander wanted him to.

However, Bruce Wayne's seemed to reach a breaking point in this issue. Something tells me that he's not going to be Batman anymore...he's going to marry Selina and have a baby!

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 09:48:05 PM »

Yeah, that would make a bit of sense. Kal-L defeated the Anti-Monitor, and if Alexander has fallen under the AM's sway all of this--the darkening of the post-Crisis Earth, Lois-2's illness, etc--might be the Anti-Monitor in a bid for revenge against the one enemy who truly bested him.

I'd heard Bruce was going to have a bit of a nervous breakdown and hand the reins over to Dick for awhile. I just don't see Bruce Wayne retiring anytime soon. . .he's part of the Warner Brothers formula after all.

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L