superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Mr. Kurt Buseik..  (Read 9108 times)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 05:08:24 AM »

Your wrote the Liberty Project comic?

I didn't realize that.  It was a good comic, it's just too bad that it was cancelled.
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 06:04:56 AM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"
Your wrote the Liberty Project comic?
I didn't realize that.  It was a good comic, it's just too bad that it was cancelled.

Heck, its sales numbers would get it cancelled today -- when overall sales are much, much, much lower than back then.

It was fun to do, but hardly anyone was reading it, and we were getting paid peanuts.

Maybe someday we'll do more, though.

kdb
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 07:15:17 AM »

Ah well.  Now I know why it was cancelled.  I am happy that one of my favorite non DC/non-Marvel comic came back: Flare.

Hypothetically if circumstances permitted, would you write for the Heroic Publishing stable of characters?  Which one?

Probably not Olga Gottman aka Spakplug.  She is probably the most controversial super-heroine ever created and published.  I really doubt anyone could really write her well with all the nuances in her personality.  I have to give Heroic credit for trying.

To those who have no idea.  Flare and Sparkplug(they are sisters) were given their powers by a Nazi cell(there are also two brothers(one dead and one missing) and another sister(this once a rabid feminist)).  Sparkplug is a heroine who firmly believes in the Nazi ideal, but doesn't go out of her way to say she is superior or do any of the hate crimes.
celacanto
Superman's Pal

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 10:46:04 AM »

Well the funny thing its that they were published in Spain in the 80´s. 6 numbers i think, i still have them.
those were other days without internet  :lol: . So i thought that the series had more and more episodes unpublished here. and spent year looking for more english numbers.

But great character anyway i always used them in my supes rpgs games. and then i lost Mr.busiek track. untill y bought Thundebolts 1.
You have to see my face "hey thats Busiek the guy from L.project" and he is doing another "criminal seeks redemptiom book" i must read that series  :lol:  :lol: .

Well sorry for the offtopic.

PD- and anyway thanks enormolsusly for yours avengers. One of the first comic-books i red in my life were (Micheline/shooter Avengers) and i think your run has a lot in comon with that numbers.

Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 06:05:18 PM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"
Hypothetically if circumstances permitted, would you write for the Heroic Publishing stable of characters?

I doubt it.  Were I to want to write something like that, I could make up my own characters and wind up with ownership and control.  As fun as it is to write, say, Superman, it also comes with the advantage that DC pays well and will get the work out to a large audience.

Having never gotten attached to the Heroic Publishing characters, and since they don't have the kind of profile the DC and Marvel gang do, I could achieve the same financial success with my own creations -- doing more LIBERTY PROJECT, SUPERSTAR, JONNY DEMON, whatever.

But I'm looking forward to the CAPTAIN THUNDER & BLUE BOLT reissue, and to ANTHEM (it's Heroic publishing that, right?).

kdb
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 06:11:24 PM »

Quote from: "celacanto"
Well the funny thing its that they were published in Spain in the 80´s. 6 numbers i think, i still have them.

Me too.  I managed to get comps of the Spanish edition, though Eclipse never actually shared the money from selling the foreign rights...

But when I did my first convention is Spain it was a delight to discover I was well-remembered for the Proj, since Spanish readers had no idea if was an indy comic indy readers didn't want because it was superheroes and superhero readers didn't want because it was indy-published.  Over there, it was published by Planeta (right? as "World Comics"?) alongside other hero fare.

i thought that the series had more and more episodes unpublished here. and spent year looking for more english numbers..

And there were two issues and a special you never got, plus their guest-starring role in TEENAGENTS #3-4, years later.

But great character anyway i always used them in my supes rpgs games.

Glad you liked 'em -- one of them (Cimarron) was actually created for an RPG game, though I changed her personality around dramatically in putting her into the Proj.

kdb
celacanto
Superman's Pal

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 10:10:58 PM »

:lol:  :lol: thanks for your answers Kurt.

Over there, it was published by Planeta (right? as "World Comics"?) alongside other hero fare.

not exactly was published by "planeta comics" but the "world comics" editions are more recently. in the 90´s planeta tryed to expand his edition to more than marvel comics ((Right now they lost marvel and are publish DC  :lol:  :lol: )) and they published a few eclipse titles : liberty project, miracleman, scout, airboy, Zot! (another series which owned my respect for you) they lastet only for a few numbers 12 and eventually they close.

Pd- a little question, i heard in some internet forum that when you were in one Con in spain you bought a large number of ours "biblioteca marvel/marvel Library". little books of around 150 pages and in b/n which publish in chronological order the issues of some marvel character. żits that true?

Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 04:55:28 AM »

Quote from: "celacanto"
i heard in some internet forum that when you were in one Con in spain you bought a large number of ours "biblioteca marvel/marvel Library". little books of around 150 pages and in b/n which publish in chronological order the issues of some marvel character. żits that true?

I bought five or six of those, yes.  Plus some color trades that I wish we had over here, collecting Roger Stern's DR. STRANGE and Claremont's IRON FIST...

kdb
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L