superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:13:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KURT BUSIEK signs exclusive with DC Comics  (Read 3356 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: December 28, 2005, 10:35:40 PM »

Official Press Release

Kurt Busiek, acclaimed writer of ASTRO CITY and JLA and upcoming writer of AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS, has signed an exclusive agreement with DC Comics. Busiek also will co-write the 8-part story "Up, Up and Away" with Geoff Johns beginning in March's SUPERMAN #650 and ACTION COMICS #837.

"It was great to be asked to come into the DC fold full time and join in on the One Year Later shebang," says Busiek. "I think things are really popping at DC, and there's a welcome emphasis not just on doing event stories to get attention, but making sure there's something interesting and valuable going on in the books so readers will want to stick around for the long haul. All the stuff we're talking about doing, from revamping and reworking Aquaman to doing a follow-up of sorts to SUPERMAN: SECRET IDENTITY, to the possibility of some new creator-owned material to accompany ASTRO CITY - it's all been challenging and involving and varied. I'm enjoying working with Matt Idelson and Nachie Castro on the Superman books, and with Joey Cavalieri on AQUAMAN, and they're making it clear I've got a lot of freedom to do new stuff. I think we're headed for a great ride."

"With Kurt, we bring another one of the most talented writers in comics to the DCU, whose knowledge of our characters is almost second to none," says Dan DiDio, Senior VP - Executive Editor, DCU.

Busiek's work may be found in these titles, all available for reorder:

ARROWSMITH: SO SMART IN THEIR FINE UNIFORMS TP (APR040352)
JLA/AVENGERS: THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION OVERSIZED SLIPCASED HC (APR040318)
JLA: SYNDICATE RULES (JUL050236)
KURT BUSIEK'S ASTRO CITY: CONFESSION (JUN058058)
KURT BUSIEK'S ASTRO CITY: FAMILY ALBUM HC (STAR09778)
KURT BUSIEK'S ASTRO CITY: FAMILY ALBUM TP (STAR09174)
KURT BUSIEK'S ASTRO CITY: LIFE IN THE BIG CITY TP (STAR08671)
KURT BUSIEK'S ASTRO CITY: LOCAL HEROES HC (SEP040370)
KURT BUSIEK'S ASTRO CITY: LOCAL HEROES TP (AUG050259)
KURT BUSIEK'S ASTRO CITY: THE TARNISHED ANGEL TP (STAR13461)
SUPERMAN: SECRET IDENTITY TP (JUL058231)

AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS #40, SUPERMAN #650 and ACTION COMICS #837 will be solicited in the January Previews (Volume XVI #1) and are scheduled to arrive in stores in March.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 05:43:58 AM »

Velly interesting.

Congrats to our fellow forum member Cheesy !

Knock em dead, kid! S!
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 07:51:46 AM »

"...a follow-up of sorts to SUPERMAN: SECRET IDENTITY"

YESSSSSS!   Cheesy

Congratulations, Mr. Busiek!  Best wishes for a long and happy association with DC.

DTO
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 04:40:23 PM »

more info in the form of a follow up interview:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=ad3412363ea73b231edc23562d89ff04&threadid=53770

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L