superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need to get superman, somehow  (Read 3285 times)
falck44
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: January 02, 2006, 10:33:46 AM »

please tell me.
i've been watching smallville, and when its not being some sorta of dawson's creek, i love the part about his origins and stuff. i gotta read superman or watch the series and find out the total story some how.
how do i sytart reading the somics from the beginnig? were do i find all?
last question? is superman very gory? as in guts and brains? dont realy care about blood though
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 02:07:10 PM »

start here: http://superman.nu/a/tales.php

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 08:06:20 AM »

Also, do you know if there are any comic book shops In your location? That would be a help. There are several collections of Superman stories available, and the character has existed in several different versions over the years (he has been around since 1938, after all). Superman: Birthright might be a good place to start, as it tells the current version of Superman's origin.

And Superman isn't gory at all -- he's a positive, peaceful kind of guy.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 05:59:50 PM »

Quote from: "Permanus"

And we love him this way.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 09:34:31 PM »

Quote from: "Permanus"

But despite this, he does have both guts and brains.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 08:37:15 PM »

Quote from: "falck44"
please tell me.
i've been watching smallville, and when its not being some sorta of dawson's creek, i love the part about his origins and stuff. i gotta read superman or watch the series and find out the total story some how.

I highly suggest picking up a copy of Superman: Birthright.  Sounds to me like this is just what you need.  It fits right in with Smallville, has a lot of fantastic origin stuff, and incorporates the best bits from all the various Superman origin stories.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L