superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: differnces between smallville an superman/superboy  (Read 2510 times)
falck44
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: January 03, 2006, 10:35:13 AM »

ok, ive noticed differnces between smallville an the actual comic already. it seems that lana is doubled first of all; her journalist side is chloe and her lovely side is the actual lana; whilst in superman, they r like 1. 2 pete finds out the secret, but because clark tells hiim; an he helps willingly.3 meteor shower: this never occured in superman; the ship simply landed. speakin of wich, lex is already bald; not beacause of a lab accident, but the meteors; an i suppose hell ask clark to rule the world with him instesad of blaming him for his baldness.4, this is most important, clark is sent to earth to conquer it, i dont know if this is a difference, as im not far in superman at all, and maybe later we find out he actually was5 and last i have noticed,(this is actually a difference 2 the adventures of lois and clark, an maybe applies to smallville later on) jonathan and martha die in the comic, whilst they r actually still alive in lois and clark(and maybe later in smallville)
personally, i prefer smallville. that is cuz im more affectionate 2 it since i started withi t; but its also less les SCI-FI which i sorta apreciate.
dont get me wrong, i love superman also
anymore differnces?
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 09:12:06 PM »

Zod.
Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 09:45:39 PM »

Quote from: "falck44"
4, this is most important, clark is sent to earth to conquer it, i dont know if this is a difference, as im not far in superman at all, and maybe later we find out he actually was

Canon Superman was sent to Earth when Krypton exploded, for no particular purpose other than allowing him to survive.

Quote from: "falck44"
5 and last i have noticed,(this is actually a difference 2 the adventures of lois and clark, an maybe applies to smallville later on) jonathan and martha die in the comic, whilst they r actually still alive in lois and clark(and maybe later in smallville)

It depends on which version of the comic you read. In the pre-Byrne versions, which are generally preferred by most people on this site, the Kents are dead by the time he becomes Superman, but in the Byrne revamp they are still alive. Smallville seems to be very loosely based on the Byrne version.

And please, the word is "are", not "r". Unless you are paying for your Internet connection by the byte, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to communicate using actual words.
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 01:51:24 AM »

There are a lot of things in Smallville that are the same as Superboy comics...due to Jeph Loeb being producer for a while. I'll try to list as similarities many as I can think of...

1. Indian caves near Clark's house.
2. running around doing hero things before becoming Superman (though without costume)
3. Multiple colors of kryptonite (though black is new.)
4. Justice League members (like Aquaman) showing up in Smallville.
5. The Kents were young while Clark was in high school. (Though in Superboy comics, this was because of a special space-drink that made them younger.)
6. Clark and Lex are friends, and therefore knew each other before Metropolis.
7. Flight was the last power that Clark mastered.

The things not appearing in this list would all be differences.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L