superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: how?  (Voting closed: January 04, 2006, 04:12:14 PM)
continue watching it censored - 1 (25%)
wit till the dvd comes out there - 0 (0%)
both - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: omg, disney channel?  (Read 3960 times)
falck44
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: January 04, 2006, 09:12:14 PM »

hell, i hate living in italy. lois and clarck is only seen on disney channel. it is their most gory show( if u can consider it a gory show, which it isnt), super censored and they always show the same episodes, no new ones. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH IT???
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 03:34:14 AM »

What is it that they're cutting out?  Chances are I wouldn't like it, whatever it is.  Most likely an improvement to have it removed.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 11:53:04 PM »

If the mouse-ears fit, Lois and Clark should wear them!

Of all the Superman shows created...ever, Lois and Clark is my least favorite. So the more they cut out, the better. They could subject it to horrors like putting it on the Disney channel or having Ricki Lake host it, and that would be fine for me.

But, this is just one man's exaggerated opinion, and the show isn't really that bad.  Season 1, soon to be followed by season 2, is already out on DVD, so that may be an option if you feel that the show has been reformatted too much. And with DVD, you will not have to watch commercials, and can watch the show any time you want.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Lois Lane
Superman Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 04:06:52 AM »

Well, I am considered an avid FoLC (Fan of Lois & Clark) and if the "evil" Disney (evil in my opinion cause they were the ones who got Lois & Clark canceled after the 4th season) is editing the show in ANY way, I'd wait and buy the DVDs. I already have Season 2 on pre-order and I can't wait!  Cheesy

Is there a way for you to get a hold of Season 1 and compare it to what the Disney channel is showing right now? That way you could see if you're indeed  missing anything.
[/color]

"Very attractive. Young for a woman in her position." (Clark)
"Typical." (Lois)
"What?" (Clark)
"Typical male response." (Lois)
"Lois, trust me on this, I'm_not_your typical male." (Clark)

[Pilot, LnC]
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 06:51:30 PM »

I think Michigan J. Frog, the frog that the cloned Lois bride was made from, ruined L&C before Disney ever got its grubby paws on it.  

I just can't imagine L&C appealing to the target audiences for the Disney Channel.  In fact, that's what I liked about L&C -- it's more "adult schmaltz" than "kid schmaltz".  What time do they show it, and what comes before or after?  They should put the Salkind Superboy series on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L