superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about the Adventures of Superboy 1961 show...  (Read 5748 times)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« on: January 06, 2006, 11:56:19 PM »

I've finally seen the Adventures of Superboy pilot, thanks to our bandwidth donor. According to one site I found, there were advertisements in the comics telling kids to watch for Superboy on TV, and it never happened. But this interested me even more:

"In 1960, John Rockwell played a young Clark Kent and Superboy in an unaired TV pilot, THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERBOY. It was lost for 25 years"

http://www.patfullerton.com/superman/superman.html

Is this true? If so, does anyone know anything about this? Who found it, how, and why 25 years later? (1985 or 1986)

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 05:18:34 PM »

I've GOT that show on DVD, Gangbuster!  It's a bootleg copy released by a Superman club on Yahoo, and included Stamp Day For Superman and Superpup.  

It's an interesting show, and I'm disappointed it wasn't picked up by any of the networks or shown in syndication.  I kept expecting Wally, Eddie, and Lumpy to walk into Clark Kent's high school classroom!    :lol:

If I can, I'll get the former group's owner (the club was closed due to the machinations of a slimy hacker) to post here with info on how to get it, if that's permissible.  

Gernot...

P.S.  I'm very sorry it took so long for me to respond to this post, but I usually post in the main Superman boards.   I didn't even SEE your thread until today!  Wink

JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:56:51 PM »

Quote from: "Gernot"
I've GOT that show on DVD, Gangbuster!  It's a bootleg copy released by a Superman club on Yahoo, and included Stamp Day For Superman and Superpup.  

It's an interesting show, and I'm disappointed it wasn't picked up by any of the networks or shown in syndication.  I kept expecting Wally, Eddie, and Lumpy to walk into Clark Kent's high school classroom!    :lol:

If I can, I'll get the former group's owner (the club was closed due to the machinations of a slimy hacker) to post here with info on how to get it, if that's permissible.  

Gernot...

P.S.  I'm very sorry it took so long for me to respond to this post, but I usually post in the main Superman boards.   I didn't even SEE your thread until today!  Wink

Jeez, Gernot, you're like the comic book analogue of that guy we knew in High School that had the coolest record collection ever, aren't you?

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:31:15 AM »

Ya know, Julian, I cannot remember the last (or for THAT matter, the FIRST) time "Gernot" and "cool" were used in the same sentence!   :lol:

MichaelBailey
Superman Emergency Squad

This Ain't No Sippin' Tea

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 06:29:41 AM »

I have a video with the pilot to both SUPERBOY and SUPERPUP and even has some screen tests for the SUPERBOY series.  Neat little thing.  The SUPERBOY pilot was decent.  The SUPERPUP was, well that was the SUPERPUP pilot.

"I now own well over 13,000 comic books.  Most people would call this a hobby.  I prefer to call it was it actually is; a hopeless addiction." -MRB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L