superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:20:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Do you think Alex Ross is on his right career path???  (Voting closed: April 17, 2006, 04:10:45 AM)
Yes, he is great - 7 (58.3%)
Yes, he is okay - 2 (16.7%)
He is so so to me - 1 (8.3%)
No, he doesn't do it for me - 1 (8.3%)
No, absolutely not - 0 (0%)
Who is Alex Ross - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Ross Superman is turning into a Bodybuilder, and Batman  (Read 11557 times)
superwhat
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: January 07, 2006, 08:10:45 AM »

ALEX ROSS Superman is now offically a Bodybuilder. That said, when was the last time he need that much muscle? How does this connect with his power when he was in his Superboy era? Oh, Batman, hrrrrrrrrr...... not just a man of bodybuilder size, the costume is gray on black, nice contrast not, might as well do even try to make any contract at all (lose the emblem). I guess if Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't work out with his re-election, he could alway apply for a job for one of them if he is getting to old to be another cyborg (which should a cyborg ever looking old). Tell me how you feel about Alex Ross.
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 09:40:27 AM »

Well today I got Alex Ross's Mythology book as an early birthday present. Some beautiful work in there. A lot of the colouring in Kingdom Come I didn't like but the art was still amazing. He's one of the few artists who can make Superman seem heroic to me again after all the dark whiny crap that the comics have been spewing in recent years.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 03:16:22 PM »

Um... I can't really determine whether Alex Ross is on his right career path or not. But I like his artwork...

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »

Well, since he is one of the most on demand and highest paid artists working in comics today, I guess he would be on the right path, career wise.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 08:12:20 PM »

I'm actually impressed with how versatile his style can be, he can do period art, overly muscled heroes, as well as a realism where he demonstrates how he actually knows how to draw clothes on figures etc.
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 08:57:39 PM »

Ross is one of my favorite comic artists. As for his career path, I'm not sure how to answer that. Almost every cover he does seems to sell well, so I guess he is on the right path.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 09:16:43 AM »

He's an excellent artist, but he is not that good at writing.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 05:06:50 PM »

Does this Superman look like a bodybuilder to you?

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Justice/justice_pre_pg05_lg.jpg

He's big and well muscled, certainly, but compared to the other artists out there who make him downright bulbous...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L