superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSupermanicaHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:02:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Page Three Progress Report  (Read 10965 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 02:58:58 AM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
EG became RG on the box Lois is holding

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
The changing of the letter E to R...

Klar, you beat Beppo by two minutes - but unfortunately you were only half right!  Lois isn't holding the case, the guy in the middle is.

Although page three of Jerry Siegel's script describes the case as having the initials "EG" on it, later in the script it's described as having the initials "RG."  Plus it's also described in dialogue and drawn as "RG" on Joe Shuster's finished, inked, and lettered page 13; so to be consistent we had to make it "RG" back here on page 3.

I'm assuming Jerry's "EG" was a typo - E and R are right next to each other on the keyboard.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 03:34:22 AM »

Now quickly mail me my No-Prize so that I can sell it on E-Bay  Tongue

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 04:57:02 AM »

Beppo - that's MY No-PRIZE! You hairy Kryptonian space rat of Jor-El's!

Now behold as the infinite spin off varietys of Superman do battle for the sake do battle...across the multiple earths and multiple yawn of time and time again space...

in this corner the adventures of Superman when he was devolved into a chimp - Beppo!

And in this corner the adventures of Superman from an alternate time line of the 30th Century who may or may not be appearing One Thousand Years Later in Supergirl and the Legion of Lost Lunch Meat - Klar Ken T5477.

Meanwhile Brainiac and Brainiac 5 have a RAM to Man chat!

OK - Im bored so sue me. :roll:   [/b]
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 06:44:17 PM »

OK guys, no fighting in the Fortress.

I recently received the finished, fully colored artwork from Bob - I'm just starting to work on the lettering, so we should have page 3 online in a relatively short while.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 05:54:53 AM »

Just a few short minutes ago, I finished lettering and ballooning page three.

It looks all set, so it should be online sometime this week.

Page 4 is also in the pipeline - pencilling and inking are complete, Bob is currently coloring it.  It'll be a great segue into page 5, our first Shuster page.

S!

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 03:03:07 AM »

Page three is lookin' good... Cool
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 03:11:53 AM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
Page three is lookin' good... Cool

Thanks!  Now that it's finally online, we should probably continue discussion over here.  This thread has gotten long enough.

S!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L