superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSUPER FRIENDS DVD!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:00:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible that Alan Moore is not a real guy?  (Read 9923 times)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 01:48:14 AM »

Actually, a sinister duck who knows the score told me that Alan Moore is really a musician named David J. Haskins.
Continental Op
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 02:41:25 AM »

Maybe Kirby was thinking "One of the 'Hairies' ?"

Or "Kalibak sure has lost some weight"...

(BTW Lin Carter died in the late 1980s!)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 04:20:17 AM »

It can't be true, because Alan Moore is my favorite comics writer. Thanks, but I'll continue to live in the Matrix.  Smiley

Besides, Alan Moore believes that all stories are true...so we're both right. Alan Moore exists, and he also doesn't exist, but is really Kurt Busiek. Kurt denies this, instead focusing on Jack Kirby's thought bubble...which also really exists!

So yeah, Alan Moore's religious beliefs confuse me a little. But he's still my favorite writer. And if someone else owning/screwing you out of your life's work means that you don't exist, then Jerry Siegel and Elliot Maggin also do not exist...except in stories where they do exist, of course.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 11:03:11 AM »

Quote from: "SuperMonkey"
Moore (was read by Gaiman) on what happen during Julius Schwartz's memorial  

Why am I getting a flashback to MYSTERY MEN here?

"I've got a letter here, from my, uh....friend, yeah, uh you might know him: Captain Amazing?"

And then he reads off his grocery list.

Quote from: "Gangbuster Thorul"
Besides, Alan Moore believes that all stories are true...so we're both right.

What is it exactly Alan Moore believes, anyway? I knew it was something kooky and eccentric, but I didn't think it was THAT bizarre.

Quote from: "Kurt Busiek"
But to add to your conspiracy theory, I was actually in London for a semester in 1981, and did some reporting for the US comics press on Marvel UK. I visited the offices a few times, and they invited me to do some writing for them -- unfortunately, I didn't have a work permit, and I'd have had to leave the country and apply and then return, and I couldn't afford it. But they showed me a bunch of costume designs for the new Captain Britain by this new guy, Alan Davis, and had I gotten that work permit, I might have gotten that gig when Dave Thorpe left.

And who knows where that might have led...?

In light of this new evidence, the odds are adjusted to 50 to 1 for Busiek being Alan Moore.

Incidentally, if I was to "disappear" from this and other forums without explanation, it is almost assuredly because Kurt Busiek had me killed.

YOU ALL WERE WITNESSES!

ME: "But...but I really love ASTRO CITY!"
    BUSIEK: (the glow of a cigarette lighting his rugged features) "You should have kept your trap shut, kid. Button that lip, you're going for a RIDE."[/list]

What are the odds of that, though?

50 to 1. So I'll sleep easy tonight.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
           - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
    TELLE
    Supermanica Council
    Council of Wisdom

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 12:31:48 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
    It sounds wild, but seriously, think about it:

Do you even KNOW anyone that has ever met Alan Moore?

Yes.

The funny threads just keep on coming! Cheesy

An I think Mr. Busiek's work is full of humour and in-jokes, some of which works quite well and brings a smile to my face.

The real question is, what was T. Casey Brennan doing during the time Moore was rising to prominence until comparatively recently?

Everything you ever wanted to
    know about the classic Superman:
    Supermanica
    The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
    (temporarily offline)
    Gary
    Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 02:53:29 PM »

Quote from: "Gangbuster Thorul"
    Besides, Alan Moore believes that all stories are true...so we're both right.

What is it exactly Alan Moore believes, anyway? I knew it was something kooky and eccentric, but I didn't think it was THAT bizarre.

My guess would be that the belief is that all stories are true in the sense that they happen in alternate universes. Which I don't think is really that bizarre, but it's moot since we can't access those universes.

Incidentally, if I was to "disappear" from this and other forums without explanation, it is almost assuredly because Kurt Busiek had me killed.

YOU ALL WERE WITNESSES!

Um, sorry, were you saying something?

Julian? Hello?

Oh well, I guess it wasn't anything important.
    Just a fan
    Superman Family

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 04:04:13 PM »

I may be Alan Moore, after all have you ever seen the two of us together? Strange how I'm never around when he is and visa-versa. Ofcourse there is no proof that I'm not any of you, or that your not me. I challenge all of you to prove we are not each other.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
    llozymandias
    Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 10:40:50 PM »

So, Alan Moore believes in the "principle of plenitude".  I also choose to believe in it.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
    Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L