superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:23:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible that Alan Moore is not a real guy?  (Read 10115 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 11:21:08 PM »

Actually, everyone knows that we all don't exist and The Great Rao is actually making all the posts here and replying to himself, since he has no friends and no one ever comes here, it's sad really. There was no such thing as a Superman from 1938 to 1986, he made it all up, Siegel & Shuster never existed.

That's why DC denied it for so long and no other Superman websites mention it, until this one come along.

And who is The Great Rao? Alan Moore's pet mouse....

Now you know, the truth comes out.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 02:46:56 AM »

Yes, I'm positive that Rao makes stuff up. The proof: Krypto Mouse.

Re: Alan Moore's religious beliefs, he claims to have spent several hours talking to an ancient snake god after using drugs. He was an atheist at the time of his Superman writings, but now believes in Shamanism. Maybe a snake god never really existed, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a true conversation with him. Or something like that.

Actually, I'm still confused.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 10:47:37 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Actually, everyone knows that we all don't exist and The Great Rao is actually making all the posts here and replying to himself, since he has no friends and no one ever comes here, it's sad really. There was no such thing as a Superman from 1938 to 1986, he made it all up, Siegel & Shuster never existed.

That's why DC denied it for so long and no other Superman websites mention it, until this one come along.

And who is The Great Rao? Alan Moore's pet mouse....

Now you know, the truth comes out.

Praise Rao!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 10:11:55 AM »

With a post like this, of course, I'm just joshing around for the most part.

But in all seriousness, is it just me, or is there something about Alan Moore and the Alan Moore mystique that strikes others as slightly, well...off? Not right, in some way. At the level of intuition. I can't quite put my finger on what it is - would that it IS that he is actually a pen name of a committee.

I admire Alan Moore's talent; along with Alan Brennert, one of the greatest writers to emerge in his decade. However, I'm talking about Alan Moore as a personality; there's something strangely fabricated about his persona.

Like Ernest Hemingway, he's become bigger than his work.

Maybe it's his recluse status, staying away from conventions and message boards. The thing about becoming a recluse is, it makes people think you have something to hide.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L