superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hulk: Year One  (Read 2737 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« on: January 12, 2006, 12:37:10 PM »

I'm sure I could find answers to this question elsewhere, but I trust the intelligence and knowledge of the forum members here.

My question: what was Ol' Greenskin doing between March 1963 when Hulk was cancelled and September 1964, when he renewed his adventures in Tales to Astonish?  I know there was a 24 hour (?) period with the Avengers around Sept 1963 and a few guest appearances (FF #5 or so) but what else?  This is probably "common knowledge" or something that was handled in some 1990s mini-series but I am clueless about superhero comics post 1980/86.  Does anyone know what the Incredible One was up to?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Dial H For Hero
Supermen of America

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:36:05 PM »

As I recall, there was a black & white comic called "The Rampaging Hulk" that filled in most of the gap you described. It ran for less than ten issues (in 1977-78, I think), and Walt Simonson was one of the artists. The Hulk battled some aliens called Krylorians and also encountered the X-Men along the way. The last issue had the Hulk meeting the four other original Avengers for the first time.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 10:20:11 AM »

Wow, thanks.  I remember that mag but had no idea it was supposed to be set in "the past".  It had painted covers and I assumed it was meant to cash in on the TV show.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Dial H For Hero
Supermen of America

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 10:43:18 PM »

^No problem. I think the "Rampaging Hulk" probably was created primarily to cash in on the TV show's popularity, but it also had the advantage of filling in a gap in the character's history. A pretty clever idea for the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L