superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: superboy prime's new costume?  (Read 6855 times)
Anonymous
« on: January 16, 2006, 08:40:03 PM »

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/action-figures/InCrisis-EPSuperboy.jpg
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 08:57:26 PM »

That's almost too much to be true (the shredded cape is the tip-off that it's got to be a joke); but I wouldn't be surprised, either.

Where did you find the link?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Dial H For Hero
Supermen of America

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 09:18:23 PM »

I saw the same image on the DC website. Someone remarked that this costume has elements of the Anti-Monitor's armor, perhaps a tip-off of who the real bad guy is in Infinite Crisis. Who knows?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 09:48:05 PM »

You're right, they look very similar:

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 07:10:16 AM »

:cry:   This picture tends to confirm my worst fears ever since I learned that Superboy-Prime had returned -- DC turned him into an Anakin Skywalker.   :evil:

I really LIKED that enthusiastic kid with an oddball sense of humor back in 1985.  After seeing what's in store for Superboy-Prime in Infinite Crisis, I can't look at DC Comics Presents #87 the same way again.   Sad

Thank Rao for Kurt Busiek's "Superman: Secret Identity" -- at least there's at least ONE "Superboy-Prime" that has (so far) escaped the corruption that has blackened the ENTIRE DC Universe.  (Even CAPTAIN CARROT wasn't immune according to a recent Teen Titans story -- is NOTHING "pure and innocent" anymore?  Or are they all crammed in that infamous refrigerator somewhere?)   :cry:

DTO
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 04:35:19 PM »

I just saw this image elsewhere and have to say "yuck".

Something else I've seen recently is that they've turned JAck Kirby's classic OMAC characterm beloved by millions, into a robot with KNIVES INSTEAD OF HANDS!!!!

Crisis is awesome!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 06:16:12 PM »

I completely agree with dto.
I hope Superboy Prime doesn't turn evil... I love that character. Oh, and that new costume is so ugly.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 02:48:50 AM »

You're kidding, right?  It's an abomination.

(I'm assuming the t1000 is the Omac robot.)

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L