superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:28:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman and friends releases for APRIL 2006  (Read 8254 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 04:33:44 AM »

Quote from: "Gangbuster Thorul"
The fact they are reprinting "How Luthor Met Superboy" is a step in the right direction. I cross my fingers in the vain hope that Superboy will be back in continuity...

Also, don't forget that Justice League season 1 will be available on DVD by April...

DC isn't scared to reprint Superboy, I mean they do have all of the Legion Sliver Age stories collected.

Just not a lot of solo reprints.

Hopefully there will be a showcase in the future.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 02:53:40 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 4 TP
Written by Elliot S. Maggin, E. Nelson Bridwell, Martin Pasko and Paul Levitz
Art by Dick Dillin and Frank McLaughlin Cover by Alex Ross
Collecting JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #122-124, #135-137 and #147-148! In this latest collection of team-ups, meet the heroes of Earth-S, led by the Earth's Mightiest Mortal, Captain Marvel, as well as the Legion of Super-Heroes!
Advance-solicited; on sale May 3 o 168 pg, FC, $14.99 US

I'm glad to see DC is continuing the JLA/JSA team-up reprints! I have the originals of these, but I'll still get the TPB. I wonder why they left Cary Bates' name out of the writer credits? He even appears on the cover (next to Captain Marvel's right ear).
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 11:37:40 PM »

Quote from: "Spaceman Spiff"
CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 4 TP
Written by Elliot S. Maggin, E. Nelson Bridwell, Martin Pasko and Paul Levitz
Art by Dick Dillin and Frank McLaughlin Cover by Alex Ross
Collecting JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #122-124, #135-137 and #147-148! In this latest collection of team-ups, meet the heroes of Earth-S, led by the Earth's Mightiest Mortal, Captain Marvel, as well as the Legion of Super-Heroes!
Advance-solicited; on sale May 3 o 168 pg, FC, $14.99 US

I'm glad to see DC is continuing the JLA/JSA team-up reprints! I have the originals of these, but I'll still get the TPB. I wonder why they left Cary Bates' name out of the writer credits? He even appears on the cover (next to Captain Marvel's right ear).

I always wanted to read those issues, so I am really looking forward to getting this collection.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 02:32:13 AM »

I always wanted to read those issues, so I am really looking forward to getting this collection.

Actually, I think DC made a typo in their description. JLA #122 wasn't a JLA/JSA team-up, so I doubt it is in this TPB. #123-124 feature Elliot S! Maggin and Cary Bates on Earth-Two, with Cary as a super-villain. #135-137 have the JLA and JSA teaming with six Golden Age heroes from Fawcett Comics (Bulletman & Bulletgirl, Mr. Scarlet & Pinky, Ibis the Invincible, and Spy Smasher) with the Marvel Family showing up as well (hence the TPB's cover image). #147-148 send the JLA and JSA to the 30th Century to team-up with the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Personally, I thought the Maggin & Bates story was pretty funny, but Unca Cheeks has another opinion (spoilers).
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 03:03:09 PM »

The rest are Iron Age stuff.

In details:

MOS #4: Lex's first appearance in the new continuity.

SUPERMAN Vol. II #9: Lex offers to a girl a month with him. She will be paid with a million $. The girl could accept, but Lex goes away.

SUPERMAN Vol. II #131: Lex arranges the assassin of Mayor Berkowitz, then kills the man who killed the girl he loved when he was a kid.

LEX 2000: Lex president.

With these and the pre-Crisis stories, it will be a good tp. I'll not buy it for now because I already have almost every story.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L