superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #4 - Super Spoilers  (Read 18932 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: January 17, 2006, 10:49:42 PM »

OK,

Yes, Alex and Superboy-Prime are villains and have been going back and forth from their "prison" all along.

Thankfully, Earth-2 Superman and Lois have no clue about them, and are therefore NOT VILLAINS, thank Rao. Though, I wonder how Mr. Old School will react when he finds out.

Speaking of old School Speed Force is no more! and Julian rejoices Wink

The Sliver Age Flash returns at long last, remember he was never really dead, just trapped.

oh and ....

the Multi-verse returns or at least Earth-2.

Tomorrow we should have a lot more details.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 02:55:39 AM »

Barry returns just in time for the release of his dvd TV set!
Wonder what Iris's been doing?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 03:11:16 PM »

If you love gore, then you will love this issue :?

Superboy-Prime meets up with and fights the Iron Age Superboy, and defeats him but the Iron Age Superboy just starts laughing. It seems that he called for some serious back-up, the Teen Titians, JLA, and the Doom Patrol. They all gang up on SB-Prime and look like they are going to defeat him, when SB-Prime snaps and and starts to kill heroes left and right, in a gross and graphic fashion, which would be cool in a horror comic, but just seems grossly out of place seeing Superboy-Prime doing it and to these heroes. Of course, the most shocking death is reserved for the female character where she gets her head knocked off with a backhand which is also known as a "pimp slap". The characters who die are minor characters of course, except for the female, which fans seem to really like of course.

The Multiverse is NOT back, only Earth-2 and all of the former Earth-2 people are zapped to it at the end of the issue.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 03:23:31 PM »

Ugh - good thing I dont BUY them - just read about em here.

When this was buzzing, I asked my DC mole wazzup - a return to greatness?
He sighed, "No - even darker."

Guess panels inked all black is the next step. :evil:
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 04:01:38 PM »

Klar, I'd much rather see all-black panels than Superboy-Prime killing people.

What an incredible insult.  To turn this character, who was inspired by the Bronze Age Superman; who was the culmination of everything good about the DCU and about the Bronze Age; and who was a very personal creation of Elliot S! Maggin's, into a murderer is absolutely beyond the pale.

I was all excited to buy this issue, but now I'll be dropping the series instead.

That leaves All-Star Superman.  If I can continue to justify giving any money at all to DC.  And that's a big If.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 04:54:58 PM »

Thank god I didn't even start buying this series... it's the same old DC excrement only worse.

Funny, the most upsetting part of all of this for me is not a death but a return.  Poor old Barry Allen may not have survived the first Crisis, but time has shown he was the lucky one...he missed the last 20 years!  I'd rather see him stay a stiff than be returned to a DCU like the one we have now.

As for A*S*S, I doubt I'll keep getting it.  So much time has passed since issue 1, I've lost interest. And anyway for what it costs, Morrison would have to come out and power-wash my house to make it worth it.

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 06:24:38 PM »

I get a feeling that Geoff Johns, who wrote this series never ever read the original Superboy-Prime stories and never read a single issue with Earth-2 Superman.

The reason for these threads is so that you don't have to buy the issues if you don't want to and still know what is going on. I haven't even held a single issue in my hands.

I am sure that once this is over, that Rao will delete this crisis forum and that will be the end of that.

Nothing good ever comes out of crisis, unless it's the pre-crisis, crisis stories from the Justice League comic.

- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 08:23:53 PM »

CRISIS COUNSELING SESSION 4

Another period of waiting has ended, and Infinite Crisis #4 hits today, with major developments in the future of Bludhaven, Superboy (both Prime and DCU), revelations about Alex Luthor's plans, as well as perhaps, the fruition of his mission.

Perhaps.

DC Executive Editor Dan DiDio has stopped by again to take questions about Crisis, 52, One Year Later and more. As a word of warning to those for whom this is new...no, Dan's not going to give away story points, though he probably will tease incessantly...and yeah, he was probably smiling when he did it.

All right - enough intro. Let's get this baby rolling.

roll it here http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=c6c907d7cedf73eb9f493d06f4fff6e3&threadid=56070

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L